“I would come back.”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #79 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The folks at this hotel went above and beyond my expectations. This is the first time I have stayed anywhere and did not have any complaints. I will be staying here during my next trip to Chicago. I would recommend this hotel for anyone that visits Chicago. The location is perfect for the Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, etc.

Room Tip: Get a lake or river view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

It was a pleasure to host you and thank you for taking the time to share your review. Come back and see us again soon. Safe travels!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,162)

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Absolutely a pleasure to stay at this hotel. My family and I experienced an outstanding stay from the hotel facility itself, to the staff and the location. The room was comfortable, clean, and quite. Great views and awesome fitness center/indoor poll. I don't really have anything negative above the experience — and will visit the hotel again

However, they say writing a balanced review is better then gushing over the service provider. The price was a little high for our plans but considering the return of services it was fair. Bathroom door handle was broken but it didn't take away from the stay.

I recommend Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers.

Room Tip: I recommend the side of the hotel along the river and the higher half of the building.
1  Thank Tim M

Safe travels.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I visited this hotel for a meeting in Chicago. Esteve at the front desk was extremely helpful with suggestions on places to watch the Stanley Cup Playoffs that would not be crowded and well known. He helped me find a perfect venue ! Love this guy!

Room Tip: My room overlooked the river and lake...stunning!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind remarks and on behalf of Esteve and our entire team, we are very grateful for your business. Please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do to make your stays more comfortable and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Windy City soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband, our 10 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter stayed on the 4th of July thru July 7th at this hotel. I had researched all the downtown hotels to find the best fit for our needs. Right from the start from the reservation to check out was a very positive experience. Sheraton Tower was the perfect location for the attractions we attended: Navy Pier, Shedd Aquarium, Willis Tower, Museum of Science & Industry, Grant Park, and Millenium park. Room was Clean and beds were very comfortable. Beautiful view of the River. Bathroom was clean and the shower temperature was always good. The Chicago Burger Company food was good and we ate on the river walk in the evening, nice and relaxing. We chose valet parking and all the attendants were awesome on assisting us loading/unloading all of our items. The only suggestion I would provide, and this is just a personal need, we would have preferred to have a mini fridge and microwave as a standard in the room vs the mini bar/snacks. As a family trying to reduce costs for food and beverages we brought our own cooler for beverages and cold snacks. Other than that, we would definately stay at the Sheraton Tower hotel again. We were too busy to use the pool which closes promptly at 10:00pm.

Room Tip: Room facing the river was excellent choice!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your business and positive accolades. It was a pleasure to host you and your family. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Upon check-in, I was greeted warmly and invited to join the loyalty program (yes), was room upgraded immediately and when I asked about check out time, "what time would you like it to be?" (!!) was the answer I received. A great start to a great stay.

My room was spacious and yet cozy, with lovely linens, Starbucks coffee, nice shower things and....the view. My 30th floor's room had the kind of view that makes you want to move into the place: the river with its kayakers and riverboat tours, the tall towers that reflects light at sunrise and sunset - what a way to begin and end each day. The pool area is beautiful with an outdoor deck on the 7th floor that has that same, spectacular river & lake view - and a healthclub and locker room that was clean and towel-abundant.

The location cannot be beat, walking to Michigan Ave in 3 blocks with all the wonderful restaurants and shops along the way.

I was in Chicago on business and did not select the Sheraton myself, however, next time I do need to be in Chicago, this will be where I choose to stay! "My" other Chicago hotel, The Palmer House, just lost its 'favorite' status with me!

Room Tip: Join the loyalty program at check in!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

We strive to make your stay the best it can be and I'm thrilled to hear that everyone here was able to help host you. Please know we value your business and look forward to hosting you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

When rating the Sheraton Hotel and Towers in Chicago, Il., they d on't have enough circles for the rating I'd give it. If they had 10, that would be great. We've stayed one other place downtown Chicago a few years back because we couldn't get in the Sheraton. They were having a huge convention, but it didn't even compare to the Sheraton. The people that check you in are fabulous and very friendly; even when having to check in 700 plus people that day. Very patient and personable. Brian and Bridget both have been super in upgrading our room, knowing how special we think the whole thing is. Atmosphere can't be beat when looking out the windows. We always get the riverside of the building. Even the valet people give high-fives and can remember you when you've been there enough times. With the new renovations, the place is spectacular!! Everything was so clean and the beds are to die for. I've never had a better nights' sleep. We had my son and his family with us and they stayed in another room and they loved it. We took the grandkids home after a few days and then my hubby and I went back to the Sheraton for some much needed R&R. What a hoot we had. We walked alot downtown and the people are so friendly. There is NOTHING that I can say negative about the place. Being on the Club Lounge Level is really nice to as they have a great continental breakfast and they have someone bring a cart up later when you call them, that has beer, cheese dish with crackers and other snacks. Nobody else I know does that. Even the manager Brian the manager made reservations for us at the Shulas' so we didn't have to make another call. Shulas' is also very awesome and has superb food and awesome people that have been there for quite awhile. You just can't beat the place for value, friendliness, cleanliness and a check-in area that can't be beat. It's a great place to have family reunions as there's so much room in the lobby to just chat with your friends and family or work on your lap-top while having a drink. There's so much room that if you want "quiet time" you can have it. We can't wait to go back and visit.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very large and sunny. You feel like you're at home. No outside noises ei...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Wow! Reading your review reminds me of how much I love what I do. It is a pleasure to service you and thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and Sheraton Chicago, we greatly appreciate it. I will definitely pass your kudos onto the staff members and we look forward to many more memorable trips! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The Sheraton is in a great location - walking distance to so many places (Michigan Avenue shopping, Millennium Park, Navy Pier... to name a few). Every employee was friendly and helpful. The décor is very nice. I have no complaints, and we will look into staying here again on future trips to Chicago.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you, thank you, thank you! We are so appreciative of your business and you taking the time to share your feedback. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to doing again very soon.