“Great location, great service”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #77 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel years ago and had wonderful memories of the room and the service. This time around, the experience was less memorable. The staff is still very attentive and friendly. The location can't be beat. I was told that I'd been put into a recently renovated room--but perhaps Sheraton should pay more attention to their paint contractor as the paint was haphazard throughout the room (chipped, uneven, etc.). My view was a peak-a-boo view of the lake and a construction project across the street. The bed was very comfortable and the room was blissfully quiet. I didn't even consider room service or the hotel breakfast--way too pricey, especially with other less expensive options within walking distance. Things seemed more average than outstanding.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for all your feedback. I sincerely apologize for any disappointment during your recent stay with us. That is not at all the Sheraton way, so if you would like to discuss further, I can be reached at 312-329-6995 and look forward to chatting with you.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,180)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were very pleased with the acomodations at the Sheraton. Rooms were always clean and the beds comfortable. We were especially pleased with the Club Lounge and how we were treated. Connie Alex was extra gracious in assisting us attend to the two grandkids. She went out of her way to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate you taking the time to share your review about your stay and your business in general. Thank you for the feedback, I will definitely pass that on to Connie Alex. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

First time to Chicago and first stay at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers; both were fantastic. The hotel is close to tourist attractions; hotel staff are very welcoming and more then willingly to make your stay enjoyable; the rooms are very clean; fitness centre is good, and the General Manager is amazing. I took my son to Chicago to celebrate his 16th birthday and the General Manager arranged for a cake and other goodies to be delivered to our room for his birthday; he even sang Happy Birthday to my son, very impressive. My birthday was on the day after we left the hotel; on the day before we left the hotel the General Manager delivered a dozen pink roses as well as a cheese tray to my room to celebrate my birthday. By far the best hotel experience that I've ever had. I would highly recommend this hotel; fantastic on ever level.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you contact hotel to discuss your room preference as the hotel staff are very...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing such compliments and wishing your son a Happy Birthday! I'm elated to hear you had such a good time and on behalf of our General Manager, Rick and entire team, we hope to celebrate many more birthday's with you and your son! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Twenty years ago this was one of THE places to stay in Chicago. Well, it is now just middle of the road average. The room and bathroom were extremely small. Service was mediocre and slow -- I am sure this is due to how busy the hotel was while staying there -- as it was a co-headquarter hotel for a very large conference. The location is very nice -- walking distance from the Loop and from North Michigan Avenue. Being near the river and the riverwalk was also nice. Several good restaurants in the area. Shula's on the property is overpriced and overhyped but a good meal. Most comfortable pillows ever!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I sincerely apologize for any disappointments during your stay as we strive to make each stay enjoyable and exceed expectations. Should you want to address anything further, I can be reached at 312-329-6995. Also, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our pillows and would be happy to share with you where we receive if you would be interested. I look forward to potentially chatting with you. Safe travels.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

A great location, just outside of downtown. Has easy access to the lake front and Navy Pier which are ideal for running. Hotel staff were very attentive, friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. Only thing letting the place down is the exorbitant price of breakfast in their LB Bistro & Patisserie. I don't mind paying extra for a good breakfast, but the quality was just not there.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely apologize for the confusion and disappointment during your recent stay with us regarding breakfast prices and I have passed that feedback on. If you would like to chat further, you can reach me at 312-329-6995. I look forward to chatting with you potentially and we hope to have the chance to host you again soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was a really nice selection. The rooms are large, comfortable, clean, and the staff are professional and friendly. There are great views of the river. I liked the location of this property for our visit since we did a lot of walking on Michigan Ave as well as driving to events around the area. Then there is Shula's in the lobby! Wow, such great food and a wonderful bar scene!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PennyStettinius
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

First off, I hope you had a great Christmas, thank you for selecting our hotel to enjoy this holiday
and sharing such compliments. I'm elated to hear you enjoyed your experience with us and can't wait to welcome you back with the same great service again soon! Safe travels!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is a little older Sheraton, but the value, location, and staff are.excellent! You can walk near the river in the morning and it's a 6 minute walk to the miracle mile. The bell captains are wonderful and have been there for years, which is always impressive to me.

The lounge area is great and service has always been top notch. Also, Shula's is on location!

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the river, especially after St. Patty's day.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy our hotel and convenient, central location. It was a pleasure to host you and thank you for taking the time to share your review. Come back and see us again soon. Safe travels!