“Perfect Location. Nicely Renovated.”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #70 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel is just a short walk from Michigan Ave. Close to bus stops and about a 10-15 minute walk to the "L". We had a room with a partial view of the river and lake. Our King room was large for Chicago, spotless and appeared recently renovated. The lobby is beautiful and the staff friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy our renovated hotel and convenient, central location. It was a pleasure to host you and thank you for taking the time to share your review. Come back and see us again soon. Safe travels!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Chicago

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We arrived in Chicago having never stayed in a Sheraton Hotel before. The front desk made us feel immediately at home.
When we had some problems Paula went way beyond the call of duty and sorted things out for us. She made our vacation.

If other Sheraton Hotels can provide the same service, then we are hooked !

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

What an amazing compliment, many thanks for your remarks! We strive to make your stay the best it can be and I'm thrilled to hear that everyone here was able to help host you. Please know we value your business and look forward to hosting you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from conference and stayed at the Sheraton. Have stayed many times before but it has gone downhill. Switched rooms after first room was dated, dark and depressing. Hotel was full so it was a challenge but was moved to brighter room with river/city view. Overall rooms really need an upgrade. While their beds are absolutely incredible the bathroom never felt truly clean and had an odour. The previous guest's garbage was in the drawer, the lightbulb in the lamp was burnt out, half eaten Pringles were left in the mini bar and towels were forgotten. A bit of a comedy of errors. Feedback was shared by survey with Sheraton who offered an upgrade on my return. Location is really great so I hope that they invest in an upgrade. it is woefully needed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

First off, thank you for returning to our hotel over and over again. Please know we do appreciate your business and are currently renovating our rooms. I am sorry that you experienced any disappointment and have passed all your feedback onto the correct team to rectify. Please feel free to contact us at 312-329-6995 if you would like to discuss further and we hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

It's difficult for me and my family not to stay at the Sheraton Towers every time we visit Chicago.

The rooms are always well appointed and the views of downtown, the river, and Lake Michigan are amazing. The central location simply can't be beat.

But most of all, the service excellence consistently brings us back. From the time you check-in, to the late night evenings in the Club Lounge, you are surrounded with outstanding customer service. It's the type of genuine personalized care that you come to appreciate the most.

As a Lifetime SPG Platinum member, I have enjoyed the extra service efforts from the Sheraton staff for many years. While the entire team excels at what they do, one particular individual impresses me more every time we visit. Connie Alex in the Club Lounge continuously demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm to every customer she meets. In our case, we have enjoyed her friendly smile for over 15 years!

Sheraton, please take care of your wonderful team, as they sure take good care of us.

Thanks all!

1  Thank Doug P

Wow! Reading your review is a great way to start my day and reminds me of how much I love what I do. It is a pleasure to service you repeatedly and thank you for your loyalty to Starwood and Sheraton Chicago, we greatly appreciate it. I will definitely pass your kudos onto the staff members and we look forward to many more memorable trips! Safe travels!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'm a periodic guest at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers and it has become my automatic hotel of choice for every visit to that city. As a member of a board of trustees for VanderCook College of Music in Chicago I began staying there because that's where the arrangements were made. Now I stay there no matter why I'm in town and because I know I will consistently receive first-class service. The staff are always friendly and on-task. The room is always clean and available and perfect for my needs. I used to have a preference for the Westin's "heavenly bed" but this Sheraton has met and exceeded their challenge. I sleep GREAT there and wish I could take the bed home with me. The lobby restaurant burger has become a favorite meal.And even the GM extends a welcome when I'm there. They "get" hospitality so they get my business.

1  Thank John A

They "get" hospitality so they get my business.

Your closing remark above means so much to me to see - thank you so much for your kind words and continual business. It is our pleasure to host you and we hope to always earn your business in the future. Cheers to our hospitable relationship for many years to come!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had an amazing stay! Having never visited Chicago, I had a number of questions for the Concierge. I must say that I was very impressed by an excellent Concierge, Demetrius Kidd. It is nice to know that there are people in this world who genuinely enjoy what they do and it shows! Thank you to Demetrius and the other attentive staff at this hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of Demetrius and our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind remarks and the opportunity to host you, we greatly appreciate it! We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had a great stay . The staff attentive, the room lovely and quiet . Very very clean and luxurious. Enjoyed my stay very much. Would definitely pick this hotel again.
Location also good. Bed comfortable and it had a wonderful step in shower which I love, no tripping over a tub .
The check in staff was so nice and helpful, the entire staff was so pleasant . What a treat , I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Really enjoyed the concierge rooms and jr suites really roomy and luxurious . A really good choice...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your business and positive accolades. It was a pleasure to host you and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again soon. Safe travels!