“Good place for a business trip”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #75 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have states at this property several times for conferences. Nice hotel, adequate rooms at normal rates.

Restaurant is a bit chaotic and feels a bit like a diner vs. nice hotel restaurant. There is also a Shula steakhouse but I did not go there as I only ate breakfast at hotel.

Location is close to lake and Navy Pier and a bit of a walk from the nearest train line.

I'd stay again at this hotel for business only.

• Stayed: April 2013
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for selecting our hotel throughout your business travel. We look forward to hosting you again soon and please know I apprecaite your feedback.

Safe travels!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel is not new, but it is classy. Very cool. Maybe the best Sheraton property I've ever been in. Plus - Connie Alex in the Club Lounge is the sweetest thing ever. She's attentive and kind - and appropriate. Perfect. Not a bad location in Chicago - and not as pricey as the W Hotels. Great spot.

Gaylen at the front desk is perfect. He truly sets the standard for excellence. Well done, Starwood.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

We are so grateful for your glowing remarks and thank you for specifically calling out some of our staff. I will certainly pass that feedback on and please know how much we appreciate your business. Looking forward to hosting you again very soon and keeping our excellent standard you've awarded us! Cheers!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It is very easy to go to the millennium park and the navey pier also the shopping area in Chicago, very nice window view, the bed is comfortable, room is quiet. I will stay here in my next trip for sure!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Tucked in between Navy Pier, shopping and Millennium Park is something we're very proud to offer our guests and I'm so happy you were able to enjoy that! Thank you for your business and we hope to host you again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I truely enjoyed my stay @the Hotel! The View was Awesome,The Service was Grand,The Lounge Area and staff were Awesome!!!!!!!! The Saff always used my name when they engaged in a conversation with me.

Room Tip: Request A room with A View
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for your kind remarks and thank you for your stay! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travel a lot for business so I have some minimum requirements to make a hotel stay acceptable: a clean room in which everything works, a comfy bed, room to work, friendly staff. The Sheraton Chicago had all of these things, and more! I particularly enjoyed their very large and well-appointed gym (lots of treadmills, spacious mat area, clean shower/changing area), which was open 24 hours. My room (20th floor) had a fantastic view of the river. This is a small detail, but it's touches like this that really stand out in my mind: there was a retractable clothesline in the bathroom! The staff people that I interacted with were really kind and genuine as well. The hotel was also a great base to explore downtown; the Art Institute of Chicago is within walking distance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for selecting the Sheraton Chicago during your many business trips and please know it was our pleasure to host you. I'm so happy you could enjoy our amenities and were able to take in some of the best views of the Windy City! Also, the Picasso exhibit is going on through May 12th is you are coming back soon and want to take a stroll to the Art Institute, just a few minutes from our front door. Safe travels!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Even though this is a large convention hotel, we never got the feeling of being lost and forgotten. My stepdaughter who flew the red eye from LA to surprise me for my birthday was allowed to check in really early and got rest before meeting us. Much appreciated. I loved our room, the coffee shop on lower level, the lounge, and definitely the location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

First off, Happy Birthday! I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for selecting us to celebrate your special day. So happy to hear you were able to have a nice time and had everything you needed. Please come back and stay with us again soon. Cheers to you and this next year!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our group held our conference here back in July. The room was gorgeous and the food and service were excellent. Perfect location for a meeting. The guest rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. The room I was given had a nice view of the river. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

So happy to hear you enjoyed our meeting facilities and have had successful meetings and events here, as delivering top notch experiences is our main priority. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting here soon. Safe travels!