“Great location.”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #70 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The hotel is in a great central location. It's a very busy and large hotel. When we stayed, it was so busy that there were lines continuously at the reception area and the lobby area was packed with people sitting and standing, to the point where you could barely get through. The room was clean and well supplied, there were no issues with the room. The pool and workout area is nice and clean.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and thank you for your business. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Chicago

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I would reccomend this to anyone. The Staff there was very helpful in everyway. Very convenient to the waterfront and all that goes with it. Can't wait to go again!!!

Room Tip: 33rd floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

So happy to hear your first experience at Sheraton Chicago offered you a great stay and that our staff helped you with all you needed. We sincerely appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you when you return to Chicago again and again. Safe travels to you always and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wife and I stayed here for one night, after attending an opera. Staff is courteous and helpful; rooms are nicely decorated (although I sometimes wonder where hotels go to find their "unusual" wall papers!); and the small bar connected to the steak house was friendly and comfortable. Since this was a week night, it was loaded with business travelers, 95% male.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and I hope you and your wife enjoyed the opera. We look forward to welcoming you back and if you ever want a wallpaper contact, let us know. Cheers!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Whilst this hotel is anything but new, it has aged with some grace and provides great value.

The rooms even refurbished are not high end in furnishings and the standard of repaint etc very poor however they are of generous size with sensational views and clean.

Location is just about perfect being 200metres or so from Michigan Avenue.

The staff were excellent .

My major gripe is however the Tower Club. Alcohol is only available by cash purchase and unlike almost every other Executive Club in the world not complimentary. Worst of all is the uncontrolled access by children in pyjamas on the three nights we were there who use the facility as a noisy playground and dominate the three computers for playing games ( all I wanted to do was print a boarding pass). Obviously the parents are to blame but staff should intervene.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynden K
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Always wonderful! So clean, beds are so comfortable, staff is so considerate and helpful! Thank you for making our stay such a relaxing and pleasant stay. Always our first choice. We drive in so it is wonderful to have parking and valet service. Adds to the relaxation value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you! So happy to hear your stay is always wonderful and that our staff continues to be welcoming. We are honored to be your first choice for your Chicago home away from home and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my second time staying at the Sheraton Chicago, and for a massive hotel, they get full points for attention to detail and organization. My room was on a higher floor (maybe 38?) with views of the city and river, which was nice, and the room itself was quite large for a downtown-Chicago property - I would have expected something slightly smaller. The bed & linens were perfectly comfortable and the room was quiet - I got a great nights sleep on both nights that I stayed there. A few tiny, tiny problems:

1. As a Starwood gold member, I had a welcome amenity and selected the complimentary internet in the guest room. It was complimentary but for some reason for the two nights that I was there it blocked my email, hotmail and facebook. Just no response from the browser, it kept timing out, which I thought was strange. I didn't call down about it because it wasn't that big of a deal, and plus they have the Link @ Sheraton on the lower level, so when I did actually need to check my messages, I just went down there, where hotmail, etc., did for some reason work. Strange.

2. I also selected to be part of the green program, where you have an option for a $5 resort credit or an extra 500 points. As a point-collector, I went for the points, thinking that I'd receive 1,000 points - two days - no cleaning service. I only got 500 though, which kind of makes sense, I guess no points on the day of check-out as they have to turn over the room anyways, but I thought that was kind of tacky, and that I should have gotten the points. That said, it wasn't a big deal, and it's just 500 points so I wasn't going to make a fuss at check out. Maybe next time I'll ask for clarification, or take the resort credit. It was kind of a bummer to have very few coffee's in the room - they don't refresh anything if you opt in to the program.

3. The Executive lounge is now only complimentary to Platinum members, so as a Gold Member I would have had to pay $30 per day for access. Not a big deal, but it seems like the program has changed and maybe I'm just not in the know!

All that said, the hotel is a great property and in a fantastic location for those people visiting downtown Chicago - everything is relatively nearby, so I'd certainly recommend this to visitors.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Traveler104
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to share your visit with us. Great news you were able to get a good night's sleep and utilize our Link@Sheraton with complimentary Internet and such but I do apologize for any inconveniences you experienced. Please know I have passed your feedback onto the appropriate teams to identify solutions. Feel free to call 312-329-6995 should you want to discuss further. We hope to see you for a third visit soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife & stayed at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers for a weekend in Chicago to attend my sister-in-law's wedding. Used points & cash ( 4000 pts. & $60 per nght) to stay and thought overall it was a good value. Room 2753 was a corner room with a nice view of Lake Michigan. Room was OK in size, perhaps a tad smaller than I would've liked, but a King bed, 32-35" flat screen TV,stocked fridge,the usual suspects. There were 3 minor problems with the room: first, there was a coffee maker, but NO Splenda, only Saccharin, which I don't like. I called that first morning and asked for Splenda and the gal said she would tell housekeeping to leave some for me. Never happened. Also the bathtub drain was clogged and after a shower each from myself & wife, the tub had 10 inches of water draining VERY slowly. I called and they fixed it the next day. Also no tissues in the bathroom...A/C/ heat worked well. TV was pyscho and wouldn't turn to a normal channel- when you turned it on,it would automatically go to either the pay-per view movies, or the hotel channel, and I had to turn off and turn on the TV 4-5 times to get a normal channel like ABC,TNT,etc...I reported this and same thing happened the next night. Not a big deal, but I like to watch a little TV before bed, and it was frustrating standing there trying just to get ONE station to come on..

There's a Shula's Steakhouse in the hotel that was nice and a Starbucks down stairs with a computer area to check e-mails, print out boarding passes,etc,and it's free. There's a huge lounge around the corner from the open lobby area that was nice.Front desk service & concierge service was very good. Location was very good- downtown not far from Michigan Ave & State St, 2 popular avenues in Chicago. There was a gymnastics convention there for what seemed like girls ages 8-13, so it was packed with hundreds of pre-teens & grammar school age girls ( didn't see any boys..)...I was awakened both nights at 3-4 AM by loud closing doors ( hate that!!) and loud people talking, and so as a light sleeper, I didn't sleep too well...next time I'll ask if there are any conventions with school-age kids staying there before I make a reservation. Otherwise, it 's a nice hotel for a weekend in a great, but cold city.

Room Tip: High up if you don't want noise from traffic below
1  Thank statusone

I appreciate you sharing all aspects of your recent visit to our hotel and want you to know I have passed on your feedback to our housekeeping and maintenance teams to rectify moving forward so thank you again. Happy to hear you enjoyed our location, views from the room and were able to take advantage of our cash and points redemption policy. I hope your sister-in-law's wedding was fabulous and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to Sheraton Chicago.