“Beautiful hotel, friendly staff!”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #72 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed for two nights. We were pleased with the prices. We were also very pleased with the location. On the river and we had a fantastic view of Navy Pier from our room. The rooms were clean. The hotel is gorgeous. The lobby is breathtaking. We had a night cap at the hotel bar, even though the drinks were a bit expensive they were tasty, had a great selection, and we had a beautiful view of the river. Quick check-in and check-out. Beds were super comfy and the pillows were amazing! We also grabbed a quick breakfast at the little cafe below the lobby before checking-out. It was 6AM and the staff was awake and chipper! Had a great selection for an on-the-go breakfast. We really enjoyed our stay and will return there soon!

Room Tip: Stayed in 1806 had a beautiful view of the Navy pier!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for your accolades of our staff, location and overall hotel, Paula! It was a pleasure creating a memorable stay for you and your husband and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

It was a beautiful hotel, with a great view. I loved the pool, and the beds. But there are SO many better hotels in Chicago. They did not give us a microwave, no wifi, no breakfast, no mini fridge, no DVD player, and no radio. I've stayed at a Motel 6 that had all of those things. Under the beds was dirty, and the room service was rude. Not very helpful service, and not very romantic (if that's what you're looking for). There are BETTER options in the same area of the city. I expected a beautiful romantic getaway, and I got average and expensive stay. There is better value

Room Tip: View of the pier was beautiful at night. See fireworks!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hello Jennifer,

I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment during your last experience at the Sheraton Chicago. We value all our guests feedback so the opportunity to speak with you about this further would be most appreciated. Please feel free to call me at 312-329-6995 or email me at brian.hutchins@sheraton.com at your convenience.

Thank you very much.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I stay here quite a bit when we go to Chicago. The rooms are clean (and we got an upgrade this time so the room was amazing). Housekeeping does a really good job. The beds are so comfortable. Room service was fast, but the breakfast choices felt limited. Also, there wasn't a room service menu in the room.
Great location. Can get anywhere.
The thing that made this last trip memoable is my boyfriend and I got separated, he stayed out and I went back to the hotel. Well, I woke up at 5 AM and he wasn't back, so I immediately think he is dead. The front desk was so helpful, even though there wasn't much they could do besides calm a crazy girl down. It was very nice of them though. For such a giant hotel, they made me feel like they cared.
Oh, and my boyfriend was alive. He's just a nut.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Addie H, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your continued business at the Sheraton Chicago, we appreciate you picking us when your travels bring you to the Windy City from St. Louis. What a relief your boyfriend is alive and well and that our staff could assist you, as that's what we're here for! Come back and see us again soon, we just renovated all our Club Level rooms and Club Lounge so your upgrade will be that much better. The Club Lounge also offers breakfast daily so hopefully that will provide you more dining optoins to start your day. Or, check out the Link@Sheraton or LB's restaurants for even more selection. See you soon!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business. The pros: beautiful hotel with coffee shop downstairs; great location two blocks from Michigan avenue. Cons: pricey; the maintenance in my room was not up to par; pay for wifi (unfortunately pretty standard anymore); long lines at reception. Not exactly what I would expect from a hotel chain of this calibre.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here on New Years Eve along with a ton of other people trying to check in at the same time. The hotel handled the mass of people efficiently and quickly with a smile on their faces the whole time. Our room had a beautiful view of the river and Lake Michigan. The added security for the night was comforting. The location was perfect for all of our plans. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Happy New Year! Thank you for ringing 2013 in at the Sheraton Chicago! So happy our staff was able to make your visit smooth from start to finish. The comfort and safety of our guests is a top priority in addition to friendly, sincere service. Wishing you a great start to your year and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

this hotel has good location but shows its age. my phone didnt work for 3 days except to ring several times during the night....my toilet kept running unless i fixed the chain....i couldnt get on wi fi without tech support......no mini frig in rooms even with heaters rooms very cold, corridors freezing. really hoping our conference goes back to the hilton...

Room Tip: less glass the better as very cold
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business