“Marathon Delight”

Sheraton Grand Chicago
Ranked #78 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here for the 2012 Chicago marathon. SPG member. Everything was first-class! Staff was courteous and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. My family had a great view of the race start right from the room. The restaurant/bistro was exceptional The special "pasta buffet" they put out the night before the race for runners and families was just fantastic! The next time I do the Chicago Marathon I will definitely stay here. I would highly recommend the Sheraton Chicago Hotel and Towers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,163)

GETTING IN FROM THE AIRPORT

We decided on taking the Go-Airport Express van from the airport which cost us about $79 for two people, round-trip.

CHECK-IN

The check-in procedure was painless and we were offered an early check-in at no additional cost.

ROOM

The room was spacious, clean and the bed was *very* comfortable. If we had extra days to spare, we'd spend them sleeping in! Internet was also available but at a per-day charge. Our room rate was $159 per night.

Finally, our view of the Chicago River was priceless!

RESTAURANTS

The hotel boasted a varity of restaurants under its roof, but we did not have time to try any of them.

BUSINESS CENTRE

The business centre was located inside of a cafe (which served Starbucks coffee) on the lower level of the hotel. Internet was free and so was printing.

CONCIERGE

We booked discount tickets to Blueman Group through the hotel; they were very helpful at showing us a calendar of events and trying to find the lowest prices.

LOCATION

This hotel is located within walking distance to Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park.

OVERALL

We would definitely recommend this hotel to Chicago travellers. All of our expectations were met and in the case of the bed, were exceeded. The Sheraton always does it right.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Short stay for a meeting but hotel is very well located with easy access to fine restaurants, pharmacy and even a very good grocery facility nearby. Environment is safe and the lobby spacious and relaxing. Concierge efficient and highly informative. Worth returning to experience a good sense of the city.

Room Tip: very nice view on the river side; corner suite very nicely laid out
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I went to Chicago for parents' weekend at my son's school. After a rough early morning flight I arrived at the hotel early. My room was not ready, but the staff worked quickly to prepare it and settled me in a lounge with a much needed cup of coffee. Within a half hour, my room was ready and I was able to relax and decompress before the first activity of the weekend.

The staff was professional and courteous, right up through getting m a cab for a very early morning departure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton because our regular hotel was booked out.

I expected a bit more from a four star hotel.

- no free Wifi (damm it it's ridicouls)
- room wasn't that clean (I don't like to find hairs from strangers in the bathroom)
- snotty staff. Every time you ask someone at the lobby they were totally annoyed. That was a bit strange.

I'm disappointed and wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2012

excellent location, within walking distance to navy pier. though rather a business hotel it was still very child friendly and both kids got mickey mouse pancakes in the morning. friendly staff and service. would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was in Chicago for a Convention that had six or eight hotel options. I selected the Sheraton even though it was not the "host" hotel because of the great location. So close to Michigan Avenue, walking distance to Navy Pier, Millennium Park to see The Bean and many other great spots. My room was very nice and comfortable - all the conveniences I needed. I especially loved the hotel lobby areas - so beautiful with all the live flowers. The Concierge Staff were all so very helpful giving great suggestions and directions. I will definitely stay at this Sheraton again if given the opportunity!

Room Tip: I was on 20th floor - had great view of Navy Peir. My room was a ways from the elevator and very qu...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business