A son in college in Evanston brings us to the windy city and evirons with some frequency of late. Recently, we saw the Hubbard Street Dance Co. near home in Florida, and vowed to see them in their home venue at the Harris Theater in Millenium Park. And while looking for other Chicago activities for our weekend we discovered that the Goodman Theater had a David Mamet Festival, and the Renaissance offered rooms at $139 per night for Goodman patrons. Despite a 750 person Italian/Indian wedding at the hotel and an orthopedist's convention in town, the Renaissance had a room for us at that rate.(without any verification that we had theater tickets-when booking or while there)The Renaissance is around the block from the theater, 5 minute walk from Millenium Park--2 minutes to Michigan Avenue shopping and a restaurant(Bandera) recommended by the concierge which was a wonderful choice for two of our meals. The hotel staff was friendly, genuinely helpful (no problem with early check in)and knowledgeable, the room cozy, without being small, the housekeeping staff friendly and accomodating. We had a view of the river and the lake from the 17th floor room which had a comfortable king bed and well appointed first class bath.This is not a 5 star hotel--if you want the ultimate in "luxe" go elsewhere-but if you want a comfortable, well located hotel with virtually all the amenities you could want, don't overlook the Renaissance.(NB. the fitness area and pool is undergoing a renovation which began March 27--call to see when they'll be done.)If I were paying the published $339 a night rate, perhaps I wouldn't consider the hotel such a great choice-but then again, I didn't do an extensive search for alternatives, once I secured my reservation at $139. As usual, I will be glad to share further observations with anyone who emails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel