Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
La Quinta
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
  • Room Service
1,829 results
All reviewsthe rivergreat locationa river view roomthe concierge loungethe theater districtstate streetwacker drivewithin walking distancethe looplobby barclub levelhouse of blueschicago downtownhigh floorblue lineking bedmillennium park
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Great location close to the Merchandise Mart and I had a nice room, clean and comfortable bed, clean bathroom. Would prefer a real shower not one in a tub, but that is minor. Really would prefer a comfortable office chair at the desk for working in the room.

Check in was easy, but no restaurant in the hotel other than Tapas junk in the bar and that was disappointing....left me walking down the street in zero degree weather for dinner.

The other disappointment was they never called for my wake-up call nor delivered my pre-ordered breakfast until I called down to the manager. I give him credit...he had a breakfast sent up immediately and for free. So I will give this place another try and see if we can improve upon the experience....because it was clean, comfortable, and in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceChicagoGM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. I would like to apologize that you did not receive your wakeup call and breakfast was not delivered. This is unacceptable, and I will definitely look into this with the appropriate managers at our hotel. I am glad to see that you will stay with us again, please do not hesitate to contact me when you return, as I will ensure your next stay is flawless! One quick note, we do have a restaurant located on our second floor called “Great Street” and “Bar Novo” is located on our fist level. I hope when you return you are able to visit Great Street as they have a lovely menu!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I typically stay at this hotel for 1-2 night business trips. My stay usually involves getting in late or getting in early which has never been a problem. There is an "Aroma" cafe in the lobby with decent coffee and snacks for the morning. I've never had breakfast at the restaurant, but room service breakfast is usually very good. The location is terrific for any activities in the loop or in River north. There are several trains that run withing a few blocks of the hotel. The hotel is also linked internally with some other restaurants and amenities and there is an entrance to the pedway right outside the hotel. Just over the river in River North are a bunch of great restaurants and bars. There are also lots of convenient eating choices near by like Chik-fil-A and subway and pottbelly, etc.

The service in general is excellent, the people are friendly, welcoming, accommodating, etc. The entrance is easy with the large driveway - easy to get in-and-out (not in street traffic) and plenty of cabs usually on hand. I've not been to the bar, but it looks really nice and often has a decent crowd most week nights. The lobby is not overly big, but very functional and useful for impromptu calls, etc. Internet in the hotel works well. Its not cheap, but it comes included in my corporate rate so I always use it when staying there.

The rooms are fairly well appointed. I've stayed in king rooms on various floors. Some have views of the river which is nice - others are on the back side. The room are generally quiet as far as other guests and hallways are concerned. On certain side of the building you are overlooking the El which might be a problem for people sensitive to noise, but doesn't bother me. The bathrooms have decent toiletries - separate shampoo and conditioner which my wife find important. The moisturizer/body lotion sometimes seems recycled which is gross, but I don't use that anyway.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RenaissanceChicagoGM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. Guest comments like yours allow us to see what we are doing right, and what can be improved at our property. I especially like the part of your review regarding staff service. We always want to make you feel like you are at home while you are traveling. I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel staff. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us feedback, and we cannot wait for your return! Stay Warm!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I love this hotel. It is situated so centrally to everything in Chicago, is clean and the staff are terrific. The rooms are comfy, clean and spacious. True Marriott standards! A great place to stay if going to house of blues or a broadway show.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy M

Tracy-
Thank you for the fabulous review! Your comments are exactly what we strive for as hoteliers and I will personally share your comments with our team. Comments like yours are a joy to share with the staff so thank you! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've stayed here a few times, while in town for work and it's definitely worth the cost. The location is right in the middle of downtown, so many things are within walking distance. The concierge lounge is pretty nice too if you're able to get access.

I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Chicago for business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

I am delighted to see that you would recommend our hotel to anyone traveling in Chicago, and that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are anticipating a guest room renovation at the end of 2014 or the beginning of 2015, so be sure to visit us again as we have much to look forward to in the near future! Thank you again for the feedback and try to stay warm!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The property is beautiful and has a great, central location! Could use a little updating in a few areas, but overall it was clean and well kept. The employees were always accommodating. Overall, a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view - ask for a room overlooking the river!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
RenaissanceChicagoGM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your comments are extremely important to us, and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next stay.