I typically stay at this hotel for 1-2 night business trips. My stay usually involves getting in late or getting in early which has never been a problem. There is an "Aroma" cafe in the lobby with decent coffee and snacks for the morning. I've never had breakfast at the restaurant, but room service breakfast is usually very good. The location is terrific for any activities in the loop or in River north. There are several trains that run withing a few blocks of the hotel. The hotel is also linked internally with some other restaurants and amenities and there is an entrance to the pedway right outside the hotel. Just over the river in River North are a bunch of great restaurants and bars. There are also lots of convenient eating choices near by like Chik-fil-A and subway and pottbelly, etc.
The service in general is excellent, the people are friendly, welcoming, accommodating, etc. The entrance is easy with the large driveway - easy to get in-and-out (not in street traffic) and plenty of cabs usually on hand. I've not been to the bar, but it looks really nice and often has a decent crowd most week nights. The lobby is not overly big, but very functional and useful for impromptu calls, etc. Internet in the hotel works well. Its not cheap, but it comes included in my corporate rate so I always use it when staying there.
The rooms are fairly well appointed. I've stayed in king rooms on various floors. Some have views of the river which is nice - others are on the back side. The room are generally quiet as far as other guests and hallways are concerned. On certain side of the building you are overlooking the El which might be a problem for people sensitive to noise, but doesn't bother me. The bathrooms have decent toiletries - separate shampoo and conditioner which my wife find important. The moisturizer/body lotion sometimes seems recycled which is gross, but I don't use that anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel