I was in Chicago for 5 days for the marathon. I had booked my room through a travel operator who provided me with the race registration and I had no idea what to expect from the hotel. From what I understood, I was getting a special price and so I was not to expect a great room, but rather, the simplest room at the hotel. I was ok with that.
Upon my arrival, after a quick and welcoming check-in, I was shocked to find that I had been assigned this beautiful and extra large room on the 26th floor, with a gorgeous view of the city. My sister-in-law was thrilled that we didn't have to share the king bed, as I had my own very comfortable sofa-bed! The bathroom was beautiful, with a separate shower and bath and everything you need in a hotel bathroom. There was also a mini-fridge and a bathrobe provided. Coffee and a great breakfast were provided for free in the lounge room (which I believe is available if you opt for the concierge service?). I really was not expecting so much from this hotel.
The decor in the room, and in the whole hotel in general, was beautiful and fresh. Doormen always pleasant and Suzie, the navigator, gave us great advice on what to see and do in Chicago. The turn down every night made us feel like royalty.
The location couldn't have been better. Very central to everything you'll want to see. We never had to take a taxi, just walked or got on the train. So easy!
I did not use the gym (didn't really feel like it after running 26.2 miles through the city, haha), but next time, I plan on using the pool and also the spa services.
I hope to be back for the Chicago marathon in 2014 and I will certainly book the Renaissance Hotel again. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our stay in Chicago so wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel