I have stayed at this property a few times and each visit has brought its challenges and benefits, last time I stayed here my room would not lock. Time before that, my wife had a allergic reation to a cleaning chemical... Why, I like the property is that, THE STAFF IS SO FRIENDLY. I know it is not NY or LA and that generally Chicago is the friendliest of the big cities, they have that mid-western reputation to live up to, but they are really nice here, even for the Mid-West. They always take good care of me and my guest and that is a plus. One expample is this: I travel and my wife comes along, she will use check-in first and after work, I will come back to the hotel. Sometime (most of the time) the hotel will give my wife or guest trouble about checking in to their or my room early to place bags or freshen up while they wait on me. This hotel will call me and verify, but the thing is they will do that, they will take the extra step without making my guest or wife feel like a criminal. Beyond the staff, which is hands down the best reason for staying here is the property, the location is wonderful. You are on the river, close to the lake, adjacent to the loop and a block or two away from the "Mile", Pier, and all the transportation. You are steps from the L, Metro and other lines and some of the best shopping and restaurants are a stones throw... but don't because there is a lot of glass in this hotel. There is a bar and restaurant on property, but they are week, so leave the hotel and you are on the tunnel route so if it is cold use the underground, just steps away. You are also seconds from many theatres and the library. The hotel is situated in a unique way that allows almost every room to have a view. Don't even sweat the river view, the views over the Chicago Theatre or Daly Plaza, may even be better and the inside corner King Bed rooms facing away from the river have a double window and are twice as large. As always be friendly at check-in and you will benefit for it. The conceirge lounge is very nice, it is two story (kind-of). At night don't bother, there nibble food was kind of week and the wine and beer selection was week as well, but the breakfast items were acceptable and they lounge is very roomy. Several quick service option are on property, including asian food and a breakfast place and there is a Kinkos/Fedex onsite a real plus for me. I like this property for the intangibles, it is not as fancy as I would expect in a Renaissance in a big city, I believe it is one of the properties that use to be a stoufer like the REN in Dallas. Here is my one complaint if Marriott is reading this, you do such a good job making REN different at the your resort locations (ie the Vinoy or Hollywood) but your downtown locations are aaaaaaaa. That said, this is a nice property and I have been able to get rates here on a Thursday through Sunday for less than $150.00 a night. I never travel for biz on a Monday though Wednesday, the prices are cheaper after Wednesday and your clients are always in a better mood. So take it from me, the REN Chicago is a Great Chicago Option!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel