2,049 results
All reviews the river great location a river view room the concierge lounge state street the theater district wacker drive lobby bar within walking distance the loop chicago downtown club level house of blues high floor blue line king bed millennium park
Selected filters
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is a great hotel in the best possible location. Right on the Chicago river, across from the Marina Towers, next door to the famous Chicago Theatre, next to the EL, right on Wacker Drive, ....etc. Outstanding view from riverside room. Great bar. Wonderful concierge. Extremely happy with the choice....beats all the other area hotels.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week for a conference. The room I had on the 17th floor was clean and well appointed. My room was right next to the elevators and I was concerned at first but the walls are thick here and noise was only an occasional problem due to inconsiderate guests. This would have been the case down the hall as well. My one complaint is that the elevator music is LOUD in the elevator lobby and I could hear it in my room. The room itself was comfortable except the work desk. There is no office style chair so working for any length of time is difficult. Sleep quality was excellent. Also the room has windows that can be opened; a major plus in my book. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on either business or leisure. And if you are hosting a meeting, the hotel has wonderful facilities and the best catering I have experienced at a hotel convention.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed at the hotel 4 nights. The first 3 were on business. As a company we had over 500 people staying at the hotel . We had breakfast, lunch and dinner served. It was outstanding! The staff, service, rooms and food were top notch! The room was very clean and up to date. The staff was very helpful and always friendly. The location of the hotel is perfect. We road the "L" from Midway to the hotel and walked the rest of the time. Everything was within walking distance. We road the "L" out a little further and had no problems. We loved Chicago and the Renaissance Hotel! I can't wait to have a reason to go back!

Reviewed June 27, 2011

The hotel is right across from the river and the river view rooms have an amazing view. The lobby is quite large. The guest rooms are large and bathrooms are quite well appointed. Flat screen TV, of course. Refrigerator and safe in room as well. The gym is not a bad size. The concierge lounge is not the biggest, but had tasty offerings for breakfast. The front desk staff was friendly. The location is top notch with easy access to everything downtown Chicago has to offer. I would stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2011
1  Thank FTLAW
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I stayed here for business when attending a large trade show. Within walking distance of the Merchandise Mart, Michigan Avenue, and downtown Chicago. Right across the street from the river. This hotel is definitely worth the $$$ to stay here. The bar was recently remodeled. Excellent restaurant (Catch 35) right next door.

One suggestion.... Have them put you in a room where you won't here the L train. I was on the 16th floor and could still hear it. This gets a bit noisy.

Trip type: Traveled on business