“great, European style small hotel”
Review of Raffaello Hotel

Raffaello Hotel
Ranked #105 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I left the Raffaello In late November after a very pleasant (as always) two-night stay.
But I forgot my bag, including laptop etc., in the garage across the street when I was packing the car to depart. Didn't notice until I was back home.
I called the hotel. Staff were very helpful. A valet ran across the street and retrieved my bag. I talked to the Sunday manager who arranged to have my bag shipped to me the next day.
I've always liked the Raffaello. Now I'm a bigger fan than ever.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed December 12, 2010

The Raffaello is located two blocks from Michigan Avenue, behind the Hancock building which is a great location. We stayed in a deluxe room on the eighth floor with a large living area, king bed and pretty small bathroom. The decor was modern and as expected for a four star hotel. I ordered the french toast for breakfast one morning and it was delicious. The only slight annoyance was being able to hear housekeeping knock on the door to the rooms near mine each morning saying "housekeeping", while I tried to sleep in. I had the do not disturb sign out for an entire day while I relaxed and still had them call the room in the afternoon while I was sleeping to ask if I wanted the room cleaned. So, if you are planning to relax all day I guess let the staff know and they won't disturb you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Was in town for a 2 day business meeting and my wife came along for leisure. The Bellman are courteous, quick and friendly upon arriving; and the front desk staff was so welcoming. Check in was quick, and we got to select a high or low floor.

Location was unbeatable - 1 block from Hancock Tower, and 2 blocks from Water Tower Shopping/Restaurants, 900 N Michigan Shops, and many nice upscale restaurants to hip trendy coffee/sandwich shops. And I could walk to the office - even in the winter.

Hotel amenities - large business center with printers/copiers and a flat screen. Best Rain Showers in US (I travel a lot) and most comfortable bedding.

Would recommend, as price is extremely reasonable for downtown Chicago

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and 7 days, we were in business. The hotel rate was really expensive but considering the location it was good. The nightmare begins when the airconditioning failed to work, the door keys never worked, and the thing that really pissed me off was we ordered room service and paid cash, the room service guy claimed that we never paid him any cash and so was charged twice. I tried to report the incident, I left messages, passed on to different people and it took over a month for them to reply just to find out that they were not going to refund me the money. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL, THE STAFF WERE SNOBS AND NEVER ORDER ROOM SERVICE!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2010

Let me say this up front. Although the hotel was very expensive (location based) I didn't pay for it as it was a business trip.

My room was tiny, the bad was lumpy, and I stayed for 2 nights and didn't sleep at all for 2 nights. I am coming home exhausted from the hotel. I mentioned it to the front desk more than once and they did not seem at all concerned that my stay was not going well. There are too many good hotels in Chicago to put up with this sort of thing.

Extremely dissapointed.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2010

11 women stayed on this trip (we had Oprah tickets). Awesome location. Rates were excellent for this class of hotel. Concierge, desk and bell staff took care of our transportation and other needs. Room lighting a little dim was my only complaint. Great combo of room selections - it was perfect for 2 (unrelated) people to share a room. Best shopping and restaurants just a few steps in high heels away and right next to Hancock Tower so if you have trouble with direction, you can find your way back.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stayed here over the Thanksgiving weekend with two teenage kids in a suite and the space was really comfortable. The room was clean, cheerful and very well equipped with a little refrigerator with space for our own stuff, coffee maker, wine glasses and a microwave (which we used for popcorn while watching movies). The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom, while on the small side, actually had more than enough room for everything and a good shower. I used to live in Chicago and I think the location is great, especially for something like a holiday weekend. It's a bit of a hike from things like the Art Institute and Field Museum, but very close to the Museum of Contemporary Art and Michigan Avenue liveliness (right behind Water Tower Place). All of the staff we encountered were helpful, cheerful and efficient, even when things got busy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family