Raffaello Hotel
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$217
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$375
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$351
2,248 results
All reviewsdonut shopdrum bargrand suitedonutsgreat locationthe john hancock buildingthe magnificent milerooftop barwater tower placemichigan avenuetop floorsmall hotelroom serviceself parkspacious roombusiness centerthe gold coast
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is the second time around for us to stay at the Raffaello and we will definitely return when we head back to Chicago. We were so lucky to have received a great price on one of their suites and were pleasantly surprised with the size. We arrived into Chicago from the suburbs early and decided to head to the hotel to leave the little bit of luggage we had so we could go to lunch. We arrived just before noon and were greeted by one of the most friendly bellman. He was very pleasant and helpful. I wish I would have gotten his name, but we arrived on Sat Feb 8 at about 1pm. If that helps, please recognize him for his service because he deserves it. Then the check in. Very friendly and professional. Again another Kudos is due. We were allowed to check in early for no extra charge. What a pleasant surprise. We checked out our rooms and were very pleased. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Later on in the evening we were sent a text asking us if everything was ok so far and if we needed anything to just let them know. Well, usually we don't need anything, but this time we did. A toothbrush and toothpaste. We texted them back and they brought it to our room .Now THAT IS service. This hotel is located is so close to some great shopping, restaurants and what ever you need. We will definitely return. Now, for the Drumbar that is a different story. We did have a minor glitch there but that is due to not knowing what the dress code is ahead of time and just plain SLOW service at 6pm. We were offered another free drink for the issues, but we did not use. Once again a great job to the staff at the Raffaello.

Room Tip: Not a skyline type view hotel because it is in the shadows of the John Hancock Tower. Get a Deluxe Suite as it is worth it. Some of the King rooms can be VERY small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gidget&rocky
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Thank you for posting your perfect rating of the Raffaello! Your comments on our prime location and clean and comfortable guestroom suites are greatly appreciated. We take pride in ensuring our guests’ experience is memorable and it will be my pleasure to share your kind words with the Raffaello Team. We are honored to be your home away from home and anticipate serving you again very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

A great location, and excellent value. If you want a hotel with a fancy breakfast, this place isn't for you - there's nothing but a coffee / donut shop in the lobby, but for the price ($99) and the location, Raffaello is excellent. The restaurant next door (accessible through the lobby) is an outstanding Italian restaurant - recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Sharronjoye, Guest Relations Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thank you for posting your review and giving us your positive rating! I am delighted you enjoyed our Italian restaurant, Pelago Ristorante, and appreciated our prime location in the heart of the Gold Coast. We welcome the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I really thought this hotel was going to be so special. The hotel employee that checked us in and out was so nice and accommodating. The doormen were very professional. The lobby is simple but adequate. A donut coffee shop is in the lobby area with incredible yummy donuts. Yes, I broke down and ate one! The hotel rooms are very small, reminds me of the hotel rooms in Europe. Now for my two complaints, the paper products were awful, cheap really thin papery toilet and facial tissue. The other issue was the noise. The ice machine in the hallway on the 10th floor was so loud I could hear it in the room. I also wondered if a generator of some kind was running. We heard loud banging noises from the exterior bathroom wall. I wonder if these noises are to be expected due to the age of the building. I didn't report any of this to the staff. I didn't want to bother to change rooms. A nice touch is the in house bar. I would say a 20 something crowd in the bar area with a DJ a few nights a week. Reviews of the bar mentioned a bouncer but I never saw anyone. I was concerned when we returned to the hotel at midnight and didn't see an attendant or doorman. You do have to use a key for the elevator but I thought it was a little strange that no one was in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the ice machine.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bellarosa1

Thank you for being our guest and posting your review. I am glad that you appreciated our hospitality and received top-notch service. However, I would like to express sincere apologies for the issues you observed and any uneasiness you may have experienced. Be assured your comments will be used as we continue to improve for future guests. We would love you to be one of them.

Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed at the Raffaello several times while in Chicago for theater. Always it is clean, and comfortable. Service is friendly and efficient. The location just 2 blocks north of Water Tower and 1 block from Michigan Ave is convenient to shopping and dinning. In good weather you can walk to Navy Pier. It is a small hotel. There is a great bar, The Drum Bar, on the 17th floor. It specializes on bourban but can make any drink. Very clubby with leather chairs and small tables. There is no restaurant that serves a full breakfast in the hotel. Room service and donuts and coffee are available and there are placed serving breakfast with I walking distance

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to post your perfect rating of the Raffaello! Our goal is exceptional service in a welcoming environment and we are proud that we provide this for you over and over. Your recommendation is valuable to us and when it is again time to enjoy the theater, or simply the famed Magnificent Mile, we will be here, waiting for you.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This Is My Second Time Staying Here And I Love This Hotel. I Work In The Area And Had A Function In The Evening And wanted A Hotel In The Area. While There Are Many To Choose From, I Love The Boutique Hotels And Joel Raffaello Is Just Off Michigan Ave So It's Quiet. The Staff Is Wonderful, The Rooms Are Spacious And Quiet, And It's In A Great Location.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your 5-STAR rating! Your appreciation of Raffaello’s service, staff and location is extremely satisfying and your continued loyalty, wonderful. You are welcome back home at the Raffaello!