“Double/double for 3 nights MidWeek-Spring Break”
Review of Raffaello Hotel

Raffaello Hotel
Ranked #101 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Ne Indiana
“Double/double for 3 nights MidWeek-Spring Break”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Can't beat the location, easy access to transit (CTA), walking distance to lots of restaurants, and good value. Assigned a lovely corner room on the twelfth floor. Two windows faced the Hancock Bldg and one faced an adjacent building (nice light). Very spacious for two adults and two teenage girls. Beds were comfortable. Elevators were fine ... occasionally a brief wait ... never an issue for us. Mornings were busy, so we just took the stairs down after letting two full (elevator) cars stop and proceed from our floor. Checked out the roof deck just steps from the top floor bar. Caught a couple glimpses of boats on the lake. BONUS! Had no bug sightings of any kind as a previous reviewer stated. Everything seemed as clean as we would expect in a hotel that gets nearly constant use by a wide variety of people. We also never heard any sounds other than an occasional siren on the street. The room was quite warm at first, but we eventually got it regulated. Front desk allowed us to check in about an hour early. Overall ... a very nice 3 night stay. Will definitely consider staying here again. The location is unbeatable!

Room Tip: Room 1202 was a corner room with three windows. Two double beds very comfortable for two adults and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SoupNazi2013
Sean F, Front Office Manager at Raffaello Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
On behalf of the entire hotel, we are humbled and pleased to hear of such an amazing experience you had while staying with us. Your stay represents exactly what we all work so hard here for, a memorable guest experience. We look forward to your next stay with us so we may continue to exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have always stayed at large chain and luxury hotels, but after staying here I am now a huge fan of boutique hotels. It's a great location only about a block away from the Water Tower mall. The lobby is wonderfully decorated and cozy. I liked the doughnuts and coffee from the doughnut bar in the lobby, but I do wish there was a little more selection breakfast wise. The elevators being so small did get annoying when I had to wait longer for an elevator because the one I tried to get on was full with only four people. The valet is EXCELLENT. Always open the doors for you, are very polite, and helpful with getting a cab. Although I was with family, the hotel had a romantic feel. Each floor only has about 20 rooms and you feel secluded which was nice. I never heard noise from outside on the streets or any other room. I stayed on floor 16 and the view was of another apartment complex backed up to this which was somewhat disappointing because when I stay in the city I like to have a view. The room was very clean and spacious. It got quite warm at night, but it wasn't a huge problem. ALSO, we arrived about 3 hours early and the staff waved the early check-in fee and also let us check-out an early late which was VERY helpful and appreiated. Overall, I would definitely stay here again. Wonderful pick that you wont regret!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with the location and appearence of this hotel. Very conveinent, bed was comfy too. The day of our departure as we were getting ready for the day I discovered two different kinds of bugs! I believe they were roaches. One was a light brown color on the carpet the other was dark brown or black in the bathroom. I am completely disappointed and outraged. Four star???! I will never stay here again. I hope there are no bugs in my bags!

3 Thank Michelle D
First I would like to say thank you for taking the time to reflect on your stay. It sounds that you did indeed enjoy your stay up until the disturbance on your departure day. I sincerely apologize for that experience. I also want to assure you that is not at all, a typical experience for our guests while staying here. We take pride in our attention to detail and cleanliness we provide for our guests. We hope that you do consider staying with us again so that we have the opportunity to show you.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The hotel was an excellent choice for being close to everything and the room was perfect. We stayed on the 15th floor and never heard a sound from anyone else. Clean, comfy, and very good service. I love to walk so this was a great spot. It is not close to the train really, but cabs are easy.
The view from the roof was a nice feature too. I would stay there again when in Chicago!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
St.louis
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Room was nice,clean,very spacious.Doughnuts in lobby "Glazed &Infused" shop were awesome!Only minor issues were ones that have been stated over and over....slow,small elevator,hot rooms(we turned the heater in room completely off the entire weekend and it was 25degrees outside).Staff was friendly and helpful.Perfect location!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Glenview, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Raffaello Hotel is the perfect location for a weekend getaway. It is in the heart of the city and it is surrounded by restaurants and nightlife. It was a one block walk to the Rosebud steakhouse and two blocks from Rush Street. We received a free room upgrade upon checkin and the room was clean and well laid out. The staff is friendly. You can get a great cup of coffee and a donut in the little corner shop in teh lobby. There is convenient across the street parking with in and out privileges for only $31.00.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte NC
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Overall more relaxed than nearby luxury chains. Rooms vary from closet sized to expansive, all well appointed and up to date. Service is a little spotty. Overall, I'd probably choose to stay here and avoid the hubbub of the nearby luxury chains.

Older building,but rooms are all updated. Clean & excellent location, 1 block East of Westin, 2 blocks from Drake, 1 block from Ritz. Rooms have a microwave & mini bar with granite top; refrigerator. Drake wins the elegant lobby prize. Marriott or Hilton win service prize. Raffaello wins Shower competition. Rain type with handheld and plenty of hot water (did I say plenty). Rooms vary in size from smallest king I've ever seen- (I think it is mainly an add on to make a 2 bed suite) to extremely spacious. Beds linens and pillows up to par with Westin dream bed, but mattresses are only adequate, standard hotel fare. Elevators are small, so be good friends or introduce yourself if more than 3 in the elevator, but wait is less than in the Westin.
Heating was barely adequate, thermostat didn't seem to make any difference in room temp. Windows do open for fresh air (when it's warm enough)
Internet is 9.95/day, wired or wireless.
Desk chairs look good, but are too short to be able to work comfortably at the desk.
Service was polite but spotty. Compared to Marriott / Westin-- Staff does not answer phone with your name. >50% of time was put on hold by front desk. Several times during my stay, no answer at the front desk.
Good donut shop for cappuccino and fresh donuts off the lobby, other than that, breakfast is room service. Restaurant looks nice, but did not try. Lots of great restaurants & shopping only 1-2 blocks away. Drum Bar is quiet, nice view, would be a good place for a relaxed drink & be able to talk with the wife or friends, not a singles scene.
Gym is standard hotel type with a few cardio machines, some dumb bells and a small multi station gym. Massage can be scheduled.
Heating and spotty service were only reasons I did not give 5 stars, but overall, I'd still probably choose to stay here over the nearby luxury chains next visit.

Room Tip: Be sure you know what room you are getting. The 07 seems to be the closet add on for an 05 room num...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business