“Wish we could stay longer”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #22 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I had plans to surprise the hubby to go see his favorite band in downtown Chicago and decided a hotel stay was a must too (we live 40mins outside Chicago). I LOVED this hotel! I loved the style, the service and the views of this hotel. I highly recommend it, we would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luv09life
Write a ReviewReviews (1,775)

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We won a free night in the Park Hyatt Chicago, so we decided to make it a family trip since it was right in the heart of Michigan Ave. We had a room overlooking the original water tower and Michigan Ave. Lots of things for the kids to look out at. The hotel wasn't exactly kid friendly, but they do try hard with DVDs to "rent" and video game systems to use. The pool was very modern and small, but we tried it for about an hour. We didn't eat in the hotel, rather we ate at a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant in the lower levels of Water Tower Place. Great time exploring hotel and area!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CrwyKdz
Reviewed October 15, 2010

this hotel is good and has a good location, we had good time and the breakfast is really good and complete, the place look very clean

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We've been staying at this gem of a hotel for the past 10 years and just keep on coming back for more....The Park Hyatt Chicago is a classic, like a Cartier watch or a Mercedes, understated, yet elegant, timeless, yet powerful, small, yet stunning in all details. Rooms with Water Tower views are a must and we never get tired of sitting by the windows and gazing out…to the tower, the lake, the bustling intersection below, the signs & lights of the surrounding buildings. It's meditative and addictve all at once. And then...THE BATHTUBS….I think we would choose this hotel just for their luxurious bathtubs! Add the phenomenal food from Nomi's with their world class wine & champagne selection (Nomi delivers to your room, even if it’s just one glass of Champagne!), the amazingly comfortable beds & linens that would flatter any emperor, the enticing bath products from Master parfumeur Blaise Mautin....and you got heaven on earth. Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
parkchicago, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Park Hyatt Chicago. Our bathtubs do have a lot of raving fans. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy one of them. I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Mahalo,

Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Park Hyatt could not be located any better. It is in the perfect spot for sightseeing, nightlife, etc. The pool and restaurants are amazing. The rooftop bar should not be missed, assuming the weather is cooperative. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, with a gorgeous bathroom setup.

Unfortunately, not all is well with this hotel. I would guess that this hotel does not receive many 20-something customers. For the caliber of the hotel and the value of the Park Hyatt name, I thought the service was seriously sub par. It might have been because I was younger, but I was continually looked down upon when I was entering the hotel. The 50 year old couples were catered too exclusively, while I was left to open doors for myself.

My expectations depend on the price and caliber of the hotel. If this had been the Sheraton Chicago Towers, the service would have been on point. But, Chicago has numerous 5 star options. The Peninsula, Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons, Trump, and even Omni are all comparable properties and consistently show strong customer service skills.

I recommend this hotel for those that fit into their target demographic. For those of us that work hard and like to splurge during our youth, there might be better options.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business

On behalf of the Park Hyatt Chicago please accept my sincere apologies. The details you have provided are very important to me and I am disappointed that our team was unable to deliver the experience that I know were capable of providing.

I have taken the time to meet with the entire service team to share your feedback and to reiterate the expectations of delivering our service standards consistently. I have implemented a mandatory training and development plan for our entire front of house associates so that future incidents of this nature do not occur again.

Reviewed September 24, 2010

Stayed the night for our wedding anniversary getaway. The service was perfect, the rooms are modern yet luxurious, and the restaurant NoMI was an experience of art.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
parkchicago, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

Thank you for allowing the Park Hyatt Chicago to be apart of your special day. I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

My very best,

Reviewed September 23, 2010

Can't go wrong here...a great experience! Staff was very kind...beautifully appointed rooms.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business