“good”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“good”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

this hotel is good and has a good location, we had good time and the breakfast is really good and complete, the place look very clean

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We've been staying at this gem of a hotel for the past 10 years and just keep on coming back for more....The Park Hyatt Chicago is a classic, like a Cartier watch or a Mercedes, understated, yet elegant, timeless, yet powerful, small, yet stunning in all details. Rooms with Water Tower views are a must and we never get tired of sitting by the windows and gazing out…to the tower, the lake, the bustling intersection below, the signs & lights of the surrounding buildings. It's meditative and addictve all at once. And then...THE BATHTUBS….I think we would choose this hotel just for their luxurious bathtubs! Add the phenomenal food from Nomi's with their world class wine & champagne selection (Nomi delivers to your room, even if it’s just one glass of Champagne!), the amazingly comfortable beds & linens that would flatter any emperor, the enticing bath products from Master parfumeur Blaise Mautin....and you got heaven on earth. Can’t wait to return!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
parkchicago, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, October 18, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Park Hyatt Chicago. Our bathtubs do have a lot of raving fans. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy one of them. I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

Mahalo,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Park Hyatt could not be located any better. It is in the perfect spot for sightseeing, nightlife, etc. The pool and restaurants are amazing. The rooftop bar should not be missed, assuming the weather is cooperative. The rooms are beautiful and spacious, with a gorgeous bathroom setup.

Unfortunately, not all is well with this hotel. I would guess that this hotel does not receive many 20-something customers. For the caliber of the hotel and the value of the Park Hyatt name, I thought the service was seriously sub par. It might have been because I was younger, but I was continually looked down upon when I was entering the hotel. The 50 year old couples were catered too exclusively, while I was left to open doors for myself.

My expectations depend on the price and caliber of the hotel. If this had been the Sheraton Chicago Towers, the service would have been on point. But, Chicago has numerous 5 star options. The Peninsula, Ritz Carlton/Four Seasons, Trump, and even Omni are all comparable properties and consistently show strong customer service skills.

I recommend this hotel for those that fit into their target demographic. For those of us that work hard and like to splurge during our youth, there might be better options.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
On behalf of the Park Hyatt Chicago please accept my sincere apologies. The details you have provided are very important to me and I am disappointed that our team was unable to deliver the experience that I know were capable of providing.

I have taken the time to meet with the entire service team to share your feedback and to reiterate the expectations of delivering our service standards consistently. I have implemented a mandatory training and development plan for our entire front of house associates so that future incidents of this nature do not occur again.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2010

Stayed the night for our wedding anniversary getaway. The service was perfect, the rooms are modern yet luxurious, and the restaurant NoMI was an experience of art.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
parkchicago, Hotel Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, September 27, 2010
Thank you for allowing the Park Hyatt Chicago to be apart of your special day. I look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

My very best,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Can't go wrong here...a great experience! Staff was very kind...beautifully appointed rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
providence,ri
Reviewed September 14, 2010

we loved this hotel - It is beautifully maintained and the rooms are elegant with no detail left out. The only issues we had were that we had to keep going down to the front desk to get new room keys because they weren't working. The lock in the door was broken but they kept telling us it was our fault because we were demagnetizing the keys - This happened 4x before they sent someone to fix the door lock. Also, we were awakened each night by loud people shouting outside our door but that has nothing to do with hotel management. I would still fefinitly stay there again - It is an amazing hotel, great location, great pool and great restaurant.

• Stayed August 2010
Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry that you were not able to access your room at your leisure. I appreciate the time you have taken to provide this feedback and will ensure that the issue is reviewed and resolved to avoid a similar occurence. I hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Park Hyatt Chicago in the future.

My very Best,
Chicago
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Let me first say that I absolutely love the HYATT properties whether it is Hyatt Place, Grand, Regency or Park Hyatt's. However, having stayed at the Park Hyatt in Tokyo and in Shanghai I felt the Park Hyatt in Chicago was lacking something. Considering what one is paying for the room, I think tea and coffee with some cookies should be standard. EVERY Hyatt or for that matter any Hotel I have been in has complimentary tea and coffee in the room. Overseas visitors especially from Europe are used to having tea and coffee in the room.

The staff are incredible. Service excellent. Although, I must point out my omelette came with egg shells...I did not create a fuss because we were someone's guests for breakfast.

Parking costs are EXTREMELY high $49.00 per 24hour period. I think there should be a discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing these items to my attention. Please accept my apologies for not providing you with the best omelet in town. I have met with the NoMI -Chef de Cuisine and can assure you that this issue is resolved. We are also working on a few options for in room coffee and tea service that I hope to be able to deliver to the experience real soon. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Chicago real soon.

My very best,