“A Special Place for a Priceless Trip”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #9 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“A Special Place for a Priceless Trip”
Reviewed November 11, 2005

I took my 10 year old daughter and my 72 year old mother to Chicago for an American Girl weekend. The Park Hyatt was chic, very comfortable and extremely friendly. I forgot my toothbrush and they brought one up to me along with mouthwash and toothpaste on a silver platter. They were great and their staff is included in my wonderful memory of a very special trip.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kansas City
Reviewed November 1, 2005

What can I say? I've stayed here many times and have never been disappointed. Beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Staff is always knowledgeable and courteous. Location can't be beat. Price is a bit high but you get what you pay for. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank c5kirk
Topeka, KS
Reviewed September 17, 2005

Just returned from a two-day seminar at the Parky Hyatt in Chicago. Excellent hotel, service, food, room, everything! Would stay there again in a new-york minute, even though it's pricy.

6 Thank travelingksgirl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 9, 2005

After reading all the reviews on Trip Advisor, decided to stay at the Park Hyatt. I think I must have been staying in a different hotel than the rest of you. Room was small and plain with no large screen TV, not that I came to watch TV but that's what was advertised. I had to call housekeeping up to clean the door to the toilet closet, and I don't like toilet closets. They are okay when I go to Europe, I expect that, but don't like them personally. The bed was comfortable and lots of pillows. Positive also that they use duvet covers that get changed everyday rather than bedspreads. Absolutely dread bedspreads, pull them down off the bed, minute I come in the room. They are full of germs.
So all in all for the money, wasn't that great and wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tampa
Reviewed September 8, 2005

We really loved this hotel. It felt cozy and intimate and subdued. Not bold and flashy. The concierge was very help to my husband and get an anniversary present shipped to the hotel without my knowledge. The staff was very friendly, upbeat and warm.

The rooms were very nice and just our style. Our views from our window were wonderful of the Lake and the Watertower and the John Hancock building. We were on the 13th floor in a Grand Deluxe king room over looking Michigan Avenue.

The location couldn't have been better. We had drinks at the Signature Room Lounge in the John Hancock Buidling to watch the sunset (nothing as beautiful as the Florida Sunsets we have here).

And the food, service and VIEWS from the NOMI Restaurant were great. I don't know why the restaurant doesn't get better press. It's very romantic and breakfast was gorgious sitting at the windows looking at the lake.

• Stayed September 2005
9 Thank FloridaGirl2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 25, 2005

Overall this hotel is in a great location but is not worth the high price. We got a decent price using our AAA card including breakfast. They charged us $10 per person to have the breakfast delivered to our room instead of eating in the restaraunt and the food was so-so, rather cold. Our room had a nice view b/c they gave us an upgraded room on accident but it was a connecting room which we specifically asked on check-in to not have. Once they realized, they called up and asked if we wanted to move but we were settled at that point. The shelf in our room was falling off the wall but otherwise the room was in good condition. My biggest complaint is that I (who have blond hair) found a few long black hairs in my brush after housekeeping had been in our room-GROSS!
We've stayed at the Four Seasons up the street and would recommend them over the Hyatt. We have also stayed at the regular Hyatt across the river after getting a room through a bid site and that was worth the $39/night but not their standard rates. The place was a zoo but the staff was great. They ended up putting us in a Club level room b/c there were no other rooms when we checked in and while the room was nice, I shudder to think of the cost vs benefit of that room. We could hear the guy in the next room talking on his phone and what he was watching on tv.

10 Thank noagent
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed August 23, 2005

This hotel is truly amazing. First off, the location is probably the best in the city. Just blocks from the lake and within close proximity to the best shopping, restaurants, and recreation.

The staff is wonderful (the only complaint was the concierge seemed a little snooty) and attentive. The rooms are amazin. Wonderful tubs and great (although a little small) showers. The best part of our room was the window weat. A deep seat in front of the large window where both my wife and I could sit for hours and read or watch the city go by.

The work out facility is easily the best in the city (at a hotel). There is a LCD tv at every machine, cold towels to relax, a wonderful lap pool and spa amenities everywhere (robes, slippers, etc).

We wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2005