“Good location”

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #13 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Excellent location, near many of Chicago attractions, restaurants, magnificent mile, this big chain hotel is pleasing, though always filled with guests. Professional service, good breakfast, good service, nice rooms. Very spacious hotel.
I needed and got attentive concierge service.
Good hotel option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Carlos,
Thank you for staying at the Park Hyatt Chicago and sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed our location and found our staff helpful. We hope that you come back to visit us again very soon!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Chicago

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We spent two nights here, and we loved every minute. The lobby decor was understated and calming, the staff were totally accommodating, and the room was beautifully appointed. The bathroom was magnificent- marble and granite tiles and counters, walk-in shower, soaking tub, separate toilet room and two sinks. We loved the big bath sheets and the extra amenities nestled in a basket in the closet. The views of Michigan Avenue and the lake were gorgeous. The only negative was the unreliable wifi reception.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed here this week on business and was very impressed.

First, the location was great, right in front of the old water tower and Water Tower Place. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room had a unique layout with a bathroom that opened up into the room, giving it a nice open feel. The room had a lot of little extras that made it great, from the mending kit and toothpaste, to the electric shoe shine in the closet. All of the fixtures seemed new and top of the line, from the bath tub which allowed me to set the temperature of the water to the motorized shades. The TV in the bathroom was an added bonus to watch the news while I was getting ready in the morning.

The conference facility we were at was in the basement, so it lacked windows, but it was very nice. The coffee and espresso machines outside the conference room were nice, and there was a good selection of drinks next to them. The meal we had during our meal was pretty good as well.

The only issue I had with the hotel was the lack of a good cell phone signal (I'm on AT&T) in my room. However, the hotel placed a note in my room, warning me the AT&T repeaters in the hotel were under renovation. However, a co-worker (on Verizon) also had difficulties connecting while in the hotel.

When I checked out, the front desk said there were charges from the minibar. I told them I looked at the minibar, but didn't take anything. The front desk staff didn't question it and immediately took it off my bill.

I'm not sure what the cost was, since it was covered by the business, but I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend this hotel if you can afford it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kkoz
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Kevin,
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and posting the review of your recent stay. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the layout of your room and the amenities we offer. We hope to welcome you back during your next trip to Chicago.

Regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Hyatt is directly behind the Watertower off Michigan Ave. It is an ideal location for shopping and touring. It has an exceptional restaurant and bar. The rooms are contemporary and spacious. Request a suite with the lake view.

Room Tip: North Star suite is excellent
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike T

Mike,
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your feedback about your stay. I appreciate your kind remarks and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Have stayed at Chicago Park Hyatt severald times and have always received great service. Rooms are lovely, great location and views, excellent food at NoMi and the terrace is always outstanding in the good weather. Will return.

Room Tip: Lake View rooms have the best rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your loyalty and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt the final day of our three (3) night getaway. This hotel is right in the middle of it all. We stayed here with an e-certificate as we are Hyatt Platinum members.
Staff: Excellent!
Room: Very nice; with many great amenities such as robe/slippers/fridge.
However, did find a minor "issue" - carpet stained in hallway; toilet seat quite loose and the toilet paper hold "spring" kept falling off. For a 5 Star hotel I believe this is unacceptable. Minor details that should not be overlooked.
Parking: We used SpotHero.com and reserved parking at the Rush street location (806 N. Rush) this was a great location. A two (2) minute walk. Valet parking was $26.00 for a 24 hour period no in/out.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1410 - this room did not have a very nice view. You may want to ask for a lake vie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Park Hyatt Chicago. I want to express my sincere apologies about the Housekeeping issues that you encountered. Thank you for bringing these incidents to my attention. Be assured that we will address these items immediately.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Park Hyatt Chicago.
Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've stayed at a few Hyatt locations and my husband and I were able to stay here using rewards points, which I'd definitely recommend to other travelers. Hyatt has impeccable customer service.

This hotel is all about location. It is in the midst of all the shopping of Michigan Ave. If you are looking to be close to the museums, you will need to take a cab or bus ride. If you are driving yourself here, it is a little tricky to find, as the entrance to the hotel is actually on Chicago Ave, not Michigan.

As mentioned by others, ask for a lake view if possible. The west facing view is not very exciting, even from the 13th floor room we had. The hotel is near a hospital, so you will hear sirens throughout the night. Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to this.

Nice room touches: Long, padded window seat; bath salts and candles; TV in bath; separate shower.

Nitpicks: The room lacks a pop of color, so it feels a little dark; the bathroom is setup to have the viewing doors from the bathtub so you can look out. I'm not a fan of these. They do not close all the way and using the bathroom does not feel completely private.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple