“4.5 out of 5”

GreenLeadersGold level
Portland, OR
“4.5 out of 5”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've stayed at a few Hyatt locations and my husband and I were able to stay here using rewards points, which I'd definitely recommend to other travelers. Hyatt has impeccable customer service.

This hotel is all about location. It is in the midst of all the shopping of Michigan Ave. If you are looking to be close to the museums, you will need to take a cab or bus ride. If you are driving yourself here, it is a little tricky to find, as the entrance to the hotel is actually on Chicago Ave, not Michigan.

As mentioned by others, ask for a lake view if possible. The west facing view is not very exciting, even from the 13th floor room we had. The hotel is near a hospital, so you will hear sirens throughout the night. Bring earplugs if you are sensitive to this.

Nice room touches: Long, padded window seat; bath salts and candles; TV in bath; separate shower.

Nitpicks: The room lacks a pop of color, so it feels a little dark; the bathroom is setup to have the viewing doors from the bathtub so you can look out. I'm not a fan of these. They do not close all the way and using the bathroom does not feel completely private.

2 Thank bethana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 1, 2013

What a wonderful hotel!
I had an early flight and requested early check-in. We decided to go for breakfast after dropping off our luggage. Within an hour our room was ready. The staff are friendly and attentive. This will be the only hotel I stay at in Chicago. I was pleasantly surprised to discover le labo amenities in the bathroom- my favourite fragrance.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay. I appreciate your kind remarks about our team and I am so glad that you enjoyed the Le Labo amenities. We certainly look forward to your return.

North Street, MI
Reviewed July 31, 2013

As a "thank you" gift, our daughter bought us two nights at this lovely downtown Chicago hotel. You can't find a better location than this, a short walk to the Water Tower. Hotel is modern, clean, quiet, and unique. Service was the best, from valet to front desk. We had a king room. Bathtub has a sliding door on one side, for a view that overlooks first the bedroom, then the skyline. Bathtub with jets comfortably seats two. Husband could set his shoes in the hall at night and had them returned, shined, by morning. Morning coffee and mini-muffins available in a nook in the lobby. Ice tea and mini-brownies available after that. Perfect place for a special occasion or for someone who wants only the best!

Room Tip: Our view was of a mural of Smurfs on a building. It certainly was a contrast to the elegance of the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Jan,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location! I am very pleased that you took advantage of our daily coffee and snacks in the Library as well as a shoe shine.
We thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived at checkin with a deep dish pizza from Art of Pizza (our favorite, which is on the way into town from the airport), and the check-in clerk didn't even bat an eyelid, which I think says a lot about the level of customer service.

We actually had two stays of four days each broken up by a weekend, so saw two rooms. They were nearly identical but with slightly different views. Although we were in the smallest room category, it was roomy enough for two people and a fair amount of luggage.

I LOVE the bathroom in this hotel. Enormous tub (with a TV above it!) including bath salts and candles, which is a great touch. Very good shower, and large vanity. Bed and linens were comfy cosy. Impeccably clean as I would expect at this level.

Really enjoyed the gym and pool, as well. Pool is several floors up but inside, so you get a cool view while working out.

It's the kind of place where little touches are everywhere. There's a small nook in the lobby where coffee, tea and cookies are served every morning, which felt like a luxury. They were happy to let me use the business center printers for free, which is usually the type of thing they nickle-and-dime you on. And even offer free shoe polishing!

The location is super convenient -- you not only have Michigan Ave right outside the lobby, but the red line is only a few blocks away, as are a large number of express buses from Water Tower Place. There are restaurants, shops and cafes moments away from the hotel.

If we can find a room at the right price, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago on Trip Advisor. I truly appreciate your positive feedback and am pleased to read that you appreciated our bath amenities, fitness facilities and business center.
We certainly look forward to welcoming your return.

Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Wow! What a wonderful hotel! My husband recently surprised me with a trip to Chicago for our 25th wedding anniversary. Our stay at the Park Hyatt was excellent for numerous reasons, and if I could give it more than 5 stars, I would.
1. Location, location, location! This hotel is in the center of the Magnificent Mile, adjacent to the Water Tower, across the street from the Hancock Building, and just around the corner from Rush Street. There are so many nearby attractions and excellent restaurants just a short walk away. And the shopping in the area is amazing!
2. Excellent service- We had a very early flight, and arrived at the hotel shortly after 10 am. I fully expected to have to check our luggage until later in the day, but there was already a beautiful room ready and waiting for us. The staff was very professional and courteous, and also very friendly. I called down to the concierge one evening to ask for a restaurant suggestion, and not only was an excellent restaurant recommended, but the concierge was also able to get us a reservation within the hour. It was also quite a wonderful surprise when on of the guest agents sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne, strawberries, chocolate, and a personal note wishing us a happy anniversary.
3. Luxurious room- Our super clean and well decorated room on the 13th (yes, 13th!) floor had the most amazing view of the Water Tower and Lake Michigan. Making the room even more luxurious was the deep soaking tub in the bathroom, along with candles and bath salts that were provided. And with the simple slide of a wooden partition beside the bathtub, it was possible to soak in the tub and see the beautiful view out the window. While this might be sleazy in another hotel, it just added to the luxury of the Park Hyatt. And, of course, the super soft robes (and slippers!), which were provided, only helped to make the bathroom feel more like a spa than an ordinary hotel bathroom.
4. NoMI- Although we didn't eat at the restaurant in the hotel, we did go one evening for drinks. The bartender was very friendly, and made some excellent specialty cocktails. He was even so nice as to share the ingredients of my favorite one with my husband. The menu looked amazing, and I overheard several people talk about how delicious it was, so I am sure that it would be well worth a visit.
All in all, this hotel was outstanding. I always joke (but I'm really not joking!) that I am a hotel snob. Well, the Park Hyatt certainly made my inner hotel snob happy, and it also set a new level of expectation for all future hotels in which I will stay. Without a doubt, I will certainly stay at this hotel for any future trips to Chicago. Thank you, Park Hyatt, for providing me with a fantastic memory of a very special anniversary.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the east of the hotel have beautiful views of both Lake Michigan and The Water...
1 Thank justmeintexas
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your time spent having cocktails at NoMI! I am very proud to have an outstanding staff and I am so happy to hear that they helped make your 25th anniversary one to remember.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards,
Golden, Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2013

As on my last visit to Chicago, I stayed at the Park Hyatt...curious to see if the previous great experience was a fluke. It wasn't. Though as a Platinum Hyatt member I did not get upgraded, the room I got on 3 was spacious, clean, comfortable and had a nice lower view of the Water Tower and the constant foot traffic. Lots of hotels have nice rooms that are clean.

What sets this property apart is the staff. From the doormen, to the bell staff, front desk, NoMi waitstaff and housekeeping, each and every encounter with Park Hyatt personnel was a genuine pleasure. These are highly trained professionals who have complete understanding of what a traveler needs and wants. I echo my earlier review, with one tiny caveat -- the price was at the higher end of what I expected...still a very good value...just not an excellent value. I would not hesitate to return, in fact I plan to. Along with Ritz Carlton club level, this Park Hyatt is a truly exceptional experience. Highly recommended...again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anasoll
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for returning to the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your feedback about your stay. I appreciate your compliments about our staff, we always strive to provide authenic hospitality. Many thanks for your continued loyalty, we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago is perfect for an overnight getaway. My husband and I have been married for 14 years and for the first time we decided to stay the night in Chicago. We stayed at the Park Hyatt hotel on the night of July 15, 2013. When we arrived and entered the hotel, it was very elegant and the staff was amazing! They opened the door for us, offered to take our bags up to the room and all of the staff member were very polite. Once we were checked in, the staff member asked if there was anything else that he could do to help us. Once we got up to our floor and entered our room (306), we were amazed. The room was gorgeous! It was also very spacious. The blinds and shades were controlled by switches on the wall, along with many lights that were on dimmers. There was a large window seat that was very nice and comfortable. The bed and the leather chair were also extremely comfortable. We were on the 3rd floor and had a nice view of the water tower place. I only wish that our room was on a higher floor to have an even better view of Chicago. When I saw the bathroom, I couldn't believe my eyes. The bathroom was Huge! It was definitely my kind of bathroom. The bathtub was Enormous, big enough for two people to fit comfortably. There was even a small TV in there, so while taking a bath or getting ready you could watch TV. I also liked that there were doors that slid open so I could be in the tub and have the option to watch the large TV or talk to my husband while he was in the other room. Also what I liked, is that the shower was separate from the tub, so both of us were able to get ready at the same time. They also supply you with a set of robes to wear during your stay. We took a walk to the pool and hot tub to check it out and it was ok, nothing special. We were very busy and did not have time to go in the hot tub or pool so I really can't comment anymore about them. In the hotel lobby they also had complimentary coffee and lemonade. The location was nice. It is just a few blocks from the Hancock building. Almost everything was in walking distance. The next day we left our room to go check out and we did not want to leave. If we could have stayed longer we would have, but unfortunately we had to go. We were able to get the room at a discounted price and if we were able to get another discounted price we would absolutely stay here again. We had such a good time and a great place to stay. I would highly recommend the Park Hyatt Hotel in Chicago!

Room Tip: I would try to get a room on a higher floor for a better view.
Jen,
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to share your review about your stay on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind comments about our team and I am glad to know that they met your needs. I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our lobby design as well as your guestroom.
We certainly hope to welcome you back again soon!