“Outstanding Staff and Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #7 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Outstanding Staff and Great View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed on the 10th floor of the Park Hyatt for a long weekend of business meetings mixed with some pleasure. Although our hotel room was somewhat small, the bathroom was nothing short of grand. The hotel had the most deepest marble soaking tub I've ever seen complete wiht lux bath products and even candles. It was the most luxurious, relaxing bath I've ever had! We loved the area surrounding the hotel which included nice shopping and restaurants. We had a few hiccups with room service, but the rooom service manager, Pam Ireland, invited us to the high end hotel restaurant NoMi for complimentary breakfast. The breakfast was outstanding, and the food was truly a labor of love for Pam and her staff. Fresh eggs, Neuske bacon, and the best waffle my husband has ever had! Our served Luiz could't have been kinder. The Park Hyatt has a rooftop cocktail bar with amamzing views and unique handmade cocktails which was a great way to end our night. Our room had a great view and a very comfy bed, so I shall be sad to check out later today. If you're ever in Chicago, the Park Hyatt is truly a hotel experience not to be missed. From the time I slipped into the hotel's Frette robe until the time we checked out after breakfast, the entire time at the hotel was outstanding. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: The higher floors have the best city views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Peter R, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Julie,
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago for your recent trip Chicago. I am happy to hear that our location suited you well. I apologize for any incidents with room service but I am glad that Pam helped to resolve any issues. We greatly appreciate this honest feedback as we always look for ways to improve guest experience.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Regards,
Peter Roth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

This property is impressive, with imposing lobby, large and comfortable rooms, well-equipped bathrooms, large showers, and good quality amenities. The outdoors bar on the 7th floor is attractive and has the right vibe. The gym and lap pool are all you need to stay in shape. The staff is helpful. I needed a iPhone charger and quickly got one. My only complaint was that my room 302 was lovely with a great terrace, but noisy. I could hear every siren and other traffic noise. Overall my experience was excellent. I will return because the hotel and the location are excellent. As I have said in other reviews, I have recently turned into a Hyatt fan. This hotel gives me plenty of reason to stay loyal!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Laura,
Thank you for your continued loyalty and support of the Hyatt brand. It is a pleasure to know that we are able to deliver the high level of service that you expect. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that the traffic noise may have caused you during your stay.
We appreciate you taking time to review the hotel on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Hyatt Chicago!

Peter Roth
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed here for my birthday (worth the trip from the north suburbs)...Excellent location right on the Mag Mile, across the street (well, almost) from Water Tower Place. The view from our 10th floor room across Michigan Ave to the lake was wonderful, both day and night! Large soaking tub, Eames-style lounge chair - very relaxing. My only gripe was parking - $54!!!!

Room Tip: Request a higher floor (to avoid street noise) facing the lake (East).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Park Hyatt Chicago a quality property with all the amenities. The hotel design is contemporary but rich in beautiful details and materials. It's location is central and great for restaurants and shopping. The rooms are comfortable and the suites are large well appointed. Rooms have great views of the lake and city.

The hotel has a good fitness area with swimming pool, and steam. The lounge area is very comfortable for a drink, meeting, snacks. The restaurant NOMI is excellent for lunch and dinner. The outdoor garden area is great in the summer months.

It is a great business hotel, comfortable leisure property and romantic for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: High floor for the best views
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
David,
Thank you so much for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago during your trip to the Windy City. I am truly delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s location, views and design. I am also happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our fitness facilities and NoMI Garden. We truly value your patronage and will look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Walter Brindell
Cazenovia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

just an excellent hotel. Clean, and stylish. Staff is eager to please. Bar is comfortable for drinks or food. Only downside is erratic wireless connection in my room. Overall, a great hotal in a great location, that doesn't feel like a big chain hotel. ther for a business mtg and room set up and food selection was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We went there for my 49th birthday and OMG!!! We had the greatest time. The food is outstanding, the spa made me feel like a queen and the room was great! The location is in a good spot and there are carriages right next to the hotel. Ww plan to go back.

• Stayed June 2013
Deborah,
Thank you for choosing to stay The Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to post your kind review. We are so pleased to hear that we helped make your birthday one to remember. Your comments on our hospitality are much appreciated! We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Regards,
Walter Brindell,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Three nights at this Magnificent Mile Hotel changed my previous lukewarm memories of neighboring properties. The location is excellent between the historic water tower and Giordano's pizza! Rooms are modern contemporary in style and the beds are very comfortable. The hotel restaurant and patio has terrific food and cocktails. I can attest to it being a happening spot as my room (815) was directly above the seventh floor patio, and I could easily hear the chatter and music until midnight each night. Since I was attending business meetings which started with breakfast at 6:30 am each morning, this room was very loud. The catering was surprisingly good... no rubber chicken meals at any event dinner I attended! Will stay again but specify my needs for a quiet room at check-in if traveling for business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your feedback about your recent stay. I apologize for any inconvenience that the noise from NoMI Garden may have caused you but I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Walter Brindell