“Everything you'd expect from the Park”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #8 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Bloomington, Indiana
“Everything you'd expect from the Park”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Park for two nights over Memorial Day weekend. We've stayed at two other Park Hyatt properties over the past few years and have been continually impressed by the level of service provided. The Park Hyatt Chicago is in a prime location - just steps from Michigan Avenue; the rooms are beautiful and exceptionally appointed, and the spa is wonderfully relaxing and well-equipped. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a little luxury in Chicago.

2 Thank hjdugan
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for your recommendation on Trip Advisor. We thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and are so pleased to hear you have enjoyed your experiences at other hotels in Park Hyatt family. We are very glad that you enjoyed our convenient location and were able to take advantage of NoMI Spa services during your stay! We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Regards,
Walter Brindell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
chicago, illinois
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is certainly a very nice hotel, check-in and concierge staffs are extremely nice and the location at Water Tower is excellent. I had stayed here several years ago and sorry to say, I was not as wowed as my first trip. I recall hot chocolate/cookies on arrival last time, rose petals in the bathroom but perhaps my memory is failing....plus the room had a water tower view and this one was a corner room facing west and south . Still nice but not as impressive as the water tower view. Worth asking for that view on check-in or book it, although as my other half says... How often are you looking out the window! I think what I found disappointing for this class of hotel was the previous guest's hair clips on the bathroom floor for 2 days until I picked them up, turn down service was basic , towels, sheets turned and bottle of water on the nightstand ...no chocolates:( , or curtains drawn, or soft music playing. Sounds trivial I know, but those are the little touches that make the 5 star experience special. Really enjoyed the free bike rental it's a straight shot from the hotel to lake shore drive . Good idea to reserve the bikes in advance as we were lucky to nab a couple . I think they only have 4 available. All in all, I still enjoyed my stay but not quite the level of the Peninsula or 4S but then you pay more.

Room Tip: Water tower view and higher floor
1 Thank spotdog
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Park Hyatt for two nights during the last week and greatly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was very clean, very comfy, very accommodating. We were happily greeted by friendly staff and enjoyed picking the knowledge of the concierge and using them for our transportation needs. We were pleased with their ability to navigate us around the Windy City and enjoyed their professional - yet fun attitudes.

If you're going to eat at the restaurant and are at all "frugal" then we suggest you only go their for lunch. There's no doubt about it's quality and it's hospitality, but the prices are, well.. You are certainly paying for the environment/great staff. Expect a breakfast or lunch to about $20 per person and dinner more of course.

The only problem we had with the hotel was a bit of a problem with our A/C in our room. The first day we were there the room was very comfortable and there was no need to turn it on, however, after returning from a show the second night we noticed the room to be a bit stuffy. We tried playing with the thermostat but were baffled at why it wouldn't "kick on." We called the front desk and had a maintenance man sent up and after checking a few things out in the room, he determined that there was a problem with the fan. He told us that we'd have to switch rooms if we wanted air conditioning since it wasn't a simple fix. No problem. We informed him that we were checking out in the morning anyway and didn't want to be a bother, so we were fine with just staying in that room for the night. He was very polite and reasonable and told us he understood but the manager would still like to speak with us about the issue. He told us that after he left he'd let the front desk know of the problem and that they'd be calling us shortly. Given the promptness of his and other hotel staff's arrival, we didn't question it. Well, we waited, and waited, and waited.. Only for no call. I admit, it was already past 10 and we probably should have called after sitting up for 20 or 30 minutes waiting for the call, but after 30 we just called it a night and went to bed.

I was going to mention this to whomever helped us check out in the morning but we were in a bit of a time crunch and I was unable to mention it. Again, the hotel and staff were very accommodating, very pleasant, and very thoughtful, and for this tiny mishap to be our only issue speaks volumes! We're quite picky!

The Park Hyatt is a solid choice for an upscale Chicago experience.

Brad,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to Chicago. I appreciate your comments and apologize for the inconvenience that you encountered in your room. Please rest assured that the air conditioning issue has been addressed with our Engineering team.
We certainly hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Park Hyatt Chicago.

Warm regards,
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Park Hyatt, having lovely designed rooms and great details, is an outstandingly beautiful business hotel. Starting from iPod dock in the room all tha way to packed toothbrushes in the Gym, it made me happy. Staff could not be friendlier, thnx to them.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cem_frm_istanbul
Thanks for visiting the Park Hyatt Chicago and for your gracious feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, amenities and the outstanding level of service our staff provides.
We hope to welcome you back to the Park Hyatt Chicago soon!

Warm Regards,
pennsylvania
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I just finished a 4 night stay at the Park Hyatt. Yes, the hotel is gorgeous, and the location is perfect, but this property is really defined by the quality of the staff. Courtesy and professionalism abound. Our room, 1305, had a breathtaking view of the Water Tower and Lake Michigan and was absolutely perfect and super quiet. The room was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was to die for. The restaurant and lounge are on the 7th floor and are upscale but friendly. The availability of a BMW 7 courtesy car was an added plus. In Chicago, this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor, facing water tower and lake.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago with your wife. I am very pleased that you found comfort in your room, enjoyed the views and that our team provided you great service.

I do hope that you will return to visit us again in the near future. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I am a loyal Hyatt traveler and always look forward to staying at a "Park" and have never stayed at the Chicago property so when a business presented itself I took it. But it sadly stopped there.

The lobby is somewhat darker in true Park style but the acoustics leave a lot to be desired. Front desk and concierge top of their game in true "Park" standards. But thats where it stops.

My room had a fairly good view, but as a businessman that travels three times a month, I look then move on! The room itself had a large stain in the middle of the floor and if I was not in such a hurry for a meeting would have changed rooms. The bathroom was large and well laid hour, however strangely the "amenities" were in the closet on a tray? Strange, then there was no coffee maker, just as a previous commenter said. That is strange as well. It's a business hotel and no coffee? UGH

Then at 8am there is knock on my door, the maid wanting to clean up my room, not good. Then no paper, So NO coffee, NO paper and the maid knocking on my door at 8am , not good. For the price that is charged one would expect better.

On the flip side, warm, inviting and a Park, just needs a few things. would I go back, Yes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at the Park Hyatt Chicago.
We apologize for not mentioning that we do have coffee and espresso makers, they are available upon request. We also have a pantry area in our Library that has complimentary coffee and tea for guests until 11:00.
All LaLabo toiletries are placed in the bathroom and additional amenities (slippers, toothpaste, robes) are found in the closet.
We also apologize for the inconvenience of not receiving the newspaper in the morning and please trust this feedback will be brought to the attention of our front office.
We hope to welcome you back in the future for an opportunity to restore your confidence in the Park Hyatt Chicago.

Regards,
El Segundo, California
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Loved the location...super convenient for shopping and eating. Loved the giant bathrooms - so much so, I had to run down to Macys and buy some LUSH products to enjoy in the ginormous bathtub. Everyone was friendly. On Sunday morning I just wanted a glass of sparkling and maybe a small cheese plate selection....but they are NOT flexible at brunch. I was told it was brunch or nothing. I was willing to sit in the outlying area or the bar but the answer was still NO. Come on...you expect more from this calibre of property.

Room Tip: Corner room = good but I did overlook the roof...so I would ask for a view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business