“Our New Favorite Chicago Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

You added Park Hyatt Chicago to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Chicago
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   800 N Michigan Ave, on Water Tower Square, Chicago, IL 60611 (Magnificent Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #6 of 184 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Louisville, KY
“Our New Favorite Chicago Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed at a neighboring 5-star hotel for several years, but the Park Hyatt Hotels have formed a relationship with our credit card company, so we thought we would try them. We booked a "Terrace Suite" on the 3rd floor with a very large outdoor terrace that overlooks Michigan Avenue and Water Tower Park. It was the warmest weekend of spring thus far and we kept the doors open to the terrace most of the time when we were in the room. The street noise can be loud at night, but the mornings and daytimes were quite pleasant.

Things we really liked (that aren't available at our former favorite):
1. Large open shower and jacuzzi tub in our suite with a large window.
2. Free coffee and espresso in the lobby.
3. Free NY Times and Wall Street Journal in the lobby and at NoMi restaurant each morning.
4. NoMi Restaurant is great! We got a breakfast package and really enjoyed the calm atmosphere.
5. No attitude from the Doorman, Front Desk, Bellman, and Room Service.
6. Since the tip is included in the Room Service bill, there is no "uncomfortable" signing of the check or sense that you should be tipping (again). You don't sign anything. The pleasant young man simply delivered the food, set up the table, and thanked us for staying at the Park Hyatt.
7. I had flowers sent to the hotel for our room. They were delivered while we were out shopping rather than waiting for us to return. It was a pleasant surprise.
8. We were celebrating a birthday, so I mentioned it in the "comment section" of the onine reservation. When we returned from shopping, a plate of cheese, dried fruit, nuts, and crackers had been delivered---along with a bottle of champagne.
9. The hotel is located directly across the street from RL Restaurant, our favorite restaurant in Chicago.
10. The wifi internet service is FREE. No password required. Just log on.

Room Tip: We love the terrace suite, but I think it is only available on the third floor. A lake view room (o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milton, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Walking distance to the lake.
Request for lake view room.
The beds are amazing to sleep on. They are state of the art beds with Egyptian cotton bed sheets.
A bit pricy so dont order room service. All kind of service charges in there that pissed you off. Bring your food from outside.
Parking is expensive so avoid taking your own car.

Room Tip: Get the room and request for free parking instead of breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at! They had a lovely bar/restaurant overlooking Chicago, the lakes and water tower. The rooms were delux!! If you forget anything from toothpaste to hairspray they provide this complementary. Staff were very friendly. I would definately stay in this hotel again. The location was excellent to all the shopping.The beds were very comfortable.

Room Tip: Get lake view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Staff is very good, location is great, lake view rooms are stunning. Nomi restaurant is quite good and has a beautiful view of Michigan Avenue, water Tower and Lake Michigan.
At the lobby you can always get great complimentary coffee and tea.
Concierge is really helpful.
Location is great, just steps from all the shops, restaurants, the museum of Contemporary Art, the lake, bus stop, Red Line,etc...
We were moved to a better room even as we has reserved another type of room. I have been many times in Chicago and tried many hotels and for the moment this is my favorite.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank viajeramx1
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your feedback about your recent stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Walter Brindell
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Seriously, the Park Hyatt deserves 10 stars plus. I had the divine privilege of staying there recently for four blissful days/nights and I didn't want to leave. It's that good. I've been lucky to stay at many great hotels around the world, but Park Hyatt Chicago is the best ever. Why? The rooms are gorgeous, the view is too and the food is beyond excellent. But the most wonderful aspect of the Park Hyatt is the staff. Their service ethic is phenomenal, especially in this country. While I was there for a business meeting, the new Pope was announced. I left the meeting to go up to my room to work and watch the Pope's emergence on the balcony. There was a knock on my door and it was the housekeeper. She said she would come back but I invited her in and said it was fine with me for her to clean. Long story short, she was quiet at first but then we struck up a conversation. Her name was Yvette. She told me she had started working for Hyatt on her birthday six years earlier and it was the best birthday gift she ever had ever been blessed to receive. I knew she was sincere. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know her. It was an extraordinary travel moment. That night I received a gift from Yvette with a hand-written note that I have now shared with my husband, friends and anyone who will listen. In travel, it just doesn't get any better than that. Every person on the staff that I encountered was equally awesome - understated, kind, interested and cheerful. I want to return again and again. Thank you, Park Hyatt Chicago, for resurrecting my belief in gracious hospitality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Michigan Avenue side have a view of the Water Tower.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ShannonI_11
Walter B, General Manager at Park Hyatt Chicago, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Shannon,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Hyatt Chicago and taking the time to send your review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind remarks about our team, we always strive for authentic hospitality. I am very glad that they made your experience at the hotel so memorable. We hope to welcome you back again very soon!

Regards,
Walter Brindell
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Having previously lived in Chicago, I haven't had many occasions to stay at a hotel there. When it came time to choose, Park Hyatt stood out for it's central location. Steps away from the Water Tower, Michigan Ave (Mag Mile), the Red line, not to mention dozens of restaurants and bars, it is an ideal choice. The hotel lobby and common areas are impeccable. The pantry in the lobby has self serve cappuccinos and beverages. The gym and spa/pool areas are beautiful and equip with every machine you would want. NoMi restaurant is delicious if you're willing to shell out some $$$ for great food and a great view. I used Valet for the week and had my car waiting for me every time I went out.

The rooms are amazing. Although not huge, the space planning is excellent, making for a peaceful escape. The beds are insanely comfortable. Window shades are controlled from a bedside panel. There is a very large TV in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. Bathrobes, A Two-headed shower, and a large soaker tub add to the relaxation. The closet, minibar, and desk area are perfect. Free Wifi too! (I never understand why other expensive hotels charge for this). It goes without saying the rooms are very clean and twice daily housekeeping maintains this.

This hotel is perfect! Would definitely come back again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I live in Chicago but my house was under construction and I needed a place to stay for about a week close to work in the Loop. I wanted to make a nice week of it so we decided to stay at the Park Hyatt. I've always wanted to stay here but never had a reason to considering I only live 2 miles away. The hotel seems enormous but has a boutique feel with the smaller lobby and very private elevator. The rooms are spacious, modern and elegant with an enormous bathroom, huge tub and great views of Michigan Avenue if you are lucky. Room was spotless, absolutely spotless every day. Everything in place.

The staff were amazing. I had a great deal for a free breakfast every morning. The maid never left the little breakfast card so I would call for room service before going to sleep the night before. They remembered my order and asked if I'd like "the usual." Great touch.

The gym is spotless and very clean. Valet polite and prompt. If you are a tourist, couldn't be a better location for shopping, dining or lake activities and you have several public transportation options within a few feet of the entrance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple