A group of 8 stayed at the Public during a 3-day meeting in Chicago. We stayed there after I had highly recommended it after a previous stay earlier in the year. The rooms were great (we all had couches, you need a couch!), the library and coffee bar were cool with good food, service, etc. And the Public Express, a gourmet lunch in a bag is really cool (though expensive). The area is fun, lots of restaurants around, and easy to get around on foot! Our experience really was nice until we checked out. Two people had erroneous charges from the hotel bar and restaurant from evenings when we weren't even in the hotel, but had gone out for dinner/drinks. The hotel did clear things up and removed the charges (after we checked out and returned to the office), but it really turned the experience into a downer. Also, because of how the false charges were expensed to the rooms we were very concerned about possible future issues with personal information. To date we don't know what management found after their investigation or even if there was an investigation. This could have been such a great experience as there were so many positives, and I had such a great experience the first time, but sadly, I (we) won't go back. The people for which I set up this meeting travel extensively, internationally, and understand the ins and outs of hotels and some of the issues that one can experience while traveling, and even they will not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone and Cancelon so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago