First of all, I'm a huge fan of Ian Schrager Hotels and this one does not disappoint. I grew up right around the corner from this hotel and it was going downhill until Ian Schrager bought it and turned it into the hippest hotel in Chicago. I stayed at Public Chicago December 6th through the 8th, 2013. When you enter the hotel there is a classy feel to the lobby and on the left you have the swanky pump room. (Definitely a scene!) to the right, is the front desk and a more chill lobby bar.
The check in experience was fantastic! Thanks to Nicole at the front desk for being so kind, knowledgable, and accommodating. She was able to arrange a spectacular room on the 15th floor for me. Walking down the hallway to the room there is still the feel of the old classy Ambassador East. But then you walk into the room and you remember you are not just in any ordinary hotel you are at an Ian Schrager hotel. My gosh did Nicole take care of me! The living room was in pristine condition as well as the bedroom and bathroom. The suite was immaculate it was very simple yet modern and chic. From cool art and the huge clock hanging on the wall in the living room, to the comfy bed and couches, and the spotless bathroom, everything was simply amazing! I was so impressed, that when I entered the room I took pictures and sent them to my girlfriend because I wished that she could have enjoyed it with me.
I will definitely recommend Public Chicago to all of my friends. In fact, I already have my next trip booked and this time i'm bringing my girlfriend:). Hopefully, I will have the same exceptional experience.
The location can't be beat! The Gold Coast, is by far, the classiest neighborhood in Chicago. It's three blocks to the lake, two blocks to Rush street and right by the red line.
As a regular traveler, I would like to give kudos to the general manager and her impressive staff. Beyond the ridiculously phenomenal room the service was what really made my stay special. From my experience with Nicole at the front desk, all the way to the housekeeping staff, each employee I encountered were extremely friendly, professional, helpful and accommodating. I was truly impressed by every aspect of the hotel. It is truly a gem. While traveling to Chicago in the dead of winter I was pleasantly surprised by my experience and will never go to another hotel in Chicago again... This is the place to be. I can't wait to go back next week with my girlfriend... Thank you again to Nicole at the front desk and the rest of the Public staff for making my stay truly exceptional. As a person who has stayed in countless hotels I am beyond impressed and will be a loyal guest at the Public hotel for any and all trips to Chicago in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago