Beautiful and classy. Everything was clean and professional. Beds comfortable, a lot of light in the rooms, nice bathroom (not much water pressure)....horrible hallways...really? The design is beautiful hut I guess they forgot those.
We booked 3 nights online and called to extend our stay but this never happened. By that time the hotel was almost full and they asked twice what we paid online for their mistake. Also when we booked online We booked a Queen but received 2 separate beds. That was an easy fix. Just $25 more each night.
I would have given this place a 4 because of the beautiful lobby and nice and comfortable rooms but the aggravation of looking for a different hotel 2 days in advance, in the middle of spring break took away from the experience (we ended up going to Villa d'Città which was so fantastic)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PUBLIC, conceived by Ian Schrager, is an entirely new class of hotel. Its fundamental attributes are innovative, sophisticated, authentic style; spot-on, personalized, empathetic "essential" service; lasting comfort with complete functionality, all at an affordable price and offering tremendous value. For the first time, this type of hotel experience will be available for everyone and anyone who wants it ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your PUBLIC Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago