We celebrated my birthday at Public recently and enjoyed a lovely experience from start to finish. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. We received a complimentary upgrade (on top of a super reasonable rate from the hotel website) to a beautiful corner room with a view toward the lake. Every room has vintage postcards from the hotel collection of past guests (when it was the Ambassador East) and we were happy to see Nina Simone's beautiful face in ours. Also every room has complimentary Wifi and an iPod dock with an excellent speaker. The best part of the hotel, however are the public spaces, including the photo gallery downstairs and the Library on the first floor with Chess and other games, amazing art books, and a beautiful fireplace. You can also have breakfast here in the morning and drinks in the evening....absolutely stunning! Dinner at the Pump Room was excellent....the staff ensured my birthday was perfect and even signed a card for me. The fitness center has high quality equipment and a day pass is available for a larger gym about a mile away. It is walking distance to excellent restaurants, bars and shops, so do not be put off by the location being just beyond the north end of the magnificent mile.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago