Have read the reviews and most are pretty accurate.
Common spaces: Common spaces are amazing. Don't under estimate the feeling of being in a cool and laid back public space at a hotel. It impacts your stay. The library room, the computer area were so beautiful and cool.
Resto: The inhouse resto, the Pump Room is stunning and we had breakfast, lunch and drinks there - each top notch. We also had coffee and pastries in the LIbrary room which were excellent. Yes. It does get supper hopping on Fri/Sat night but we loved coming back to our hotel for a drink before bed.
Rooms: We stayed in a Loft King, which is one of the higher end rooms. The space was great. It felt new and clean. I liked the open airy feel - so different from a mainstream hotels. Bedding was so soft. Bed firm. Pillows excellent. Temperature easy to control. The bathroom was little tight - agree with other reviews, but it didn't bother us at all. What did bother us was the noise. You can hear people in the room beside you and we didn't appreciate being woken up at 6am by them. My husband is a heavy sleeper so he didn't notice. Having said that, I would 100% stay there again in spite of that. It wasn't a big deal and frankly have experienced it at many hotels. So don't let that stop you - just get some earplugs.
Service: We had great service from Christopher the concierge. He helped with a spa booking and dinner. We didn't like all his choices for dinner, but should have researched a bit more on our own and trusted our instincts.
Location: We loved being outside of the noise and chaos of the Mag Mile. Quieter hood. It was a bit of walk to get right downtown, but we liked that (work off the food). It's close to the water if you like to run, bike or wake.
Bikes: Careful with the Public bikes, they are first come first served. But there is a bike rental place about 15 walk away along the water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- PUBLIC, conceived by Ian Schrager, is an entirely new class of hotel. Its fundamental attributes are innovative, sophisticated, authentic style; spot-on, personalized, empathetic "essential" service; lasting comfort with complete functionality, all at an affordable price and offering tremendous value. For the first time, this type of hotel experience will be available for everyone and anyone who wants it ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your PUBLIC Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago