What at total let down. This is an iconic Chicago location. The service is beyond horrible. The staff is rude (including the management staff – Jay is a joke), the food is average (at best) and the portions are small. Chicago is full of great restaurants. This is one I would skip. For three of us, we have a $1,000 bar bill and our service was a disgrace. Ian schrager, you should be ashamed of yourself. If the hotel is anything like the bar and restaurant, do yourself a favor and skip this place altogether. Trust me, read the reviews, service, service service…bad, bad, bad!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a rich history rooted in Chicago’s Jazz Age, Ambassador Chicago is the city’s original boutique hotel dating back to 1926. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast, the iconic property has hosted the who’s who of the 20th and 21st centuries having served as a local beacon to countless celebrities. Uniquely individual, Ambassador Chicago is nestled among graceful mansions in a quiet, gilded neighborhood tucked into the center of the Windy City offering incredible views of Lake Michigan with easy access to Chicago’s main shopping boulevard, Michigan Avenue. With 285 spacious guestrooms, a 24-hour fitness center, two restaurants, thoughtful programming and amenities curated by local artisans and chefs, Ambassador Chicago maintains its distinct and legendary character while offering guests an authentic Chicago experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ambassador Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Ambassador East Chicago