Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile
Ranked #158 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
London
“Good Deal”
Reviewed June 17, 2005

Stayed here for 5 days. Decided to get the business 17" TV and got a pretty spacious room. Suspect by paying a little extra got a slightly bigger room which was more than adequate for the price and well worth it.

Location is extremely good. The only down side was that the toilet was "wedged" against the wall meaning it was uncomfortable to use. Not sure why this was done as there was plenty of space to move it out a little.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2005
13 Thank wilytraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed June 6, 2005

My friends and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn from June 3-6. I had trouble deciding between 2 and 3 stars. The room was very clean, which is wonderful, but it was SO SMALL!!! We just could not get over how small the rooms were. I had read reviews in which they said that, but thought, "How small could they REALLY be?" and booked there anyway. The answer: SMALL!!! :) There was hardly anyplace to store our luggage or anything, no room to walk at all, and the bathroom was tiny too. It reminded me of some of the tiny hotel rooms you see in Europe or something. The front desk staff was nice enough. This is definitely a no-frills hotel, and you get what you pay for. So, the good things were that it was a clean hotel, but if I had to do it all over again, I would pay a little more money and stay someplace nicer.

• Stayed June 2005
17 Thank STLgirl05

Travelers are raving about these Chicago hotels

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed January 21, 2005

Great place, location, and price! If you want to go to the windy city for a couple of nights, this place is perfect. You are just a few steps away from Michigan Ave. My room was clean when I arrived, and was cleaned every morning. My only complaint is with the heat in the room. It was about 10 degrees outside, and the heater was blowing cold air. I went to the front desk to ask for a blanket. (I'm thinking for the rate I'm paying at this place, asking for an extra blanket is fine. I could be paying $400/night across the street at another hotel, and still have the same problem.) Not a big deal to me. When I came back to the room the next day, they had replaced the heating unit in my room! The staff was very friendly. It is not a place for those looking for the treatment you receive at some other hotels. There is no free breakfast, no bellhop, no room service, and no USA today paper delivered at your door. (I think a free paper might have been available at the front desk though, as well as free coffee) Valet parking is available. I paid $24 for it. If I chose to park the car myself and carry my stuff to the room, it would have been $22. 2 extra bucks well spent in my opinion. Best value in downtown Chicago!

23 Thank Eblank
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 10, 2004

You probably cannot find a hotel with a better location in Chicago at a rate anywhere nearly as reasonable as the Red Roof Inn. The rooms are small and somewhat out of date, but if you are in Chicago, why are staying in your room anyway? Get out, eat the great food and have fun. We asked the staff for recommendations, and received great advice on restraurants and cafes. Although I consider this a good place to stay when you are in Chicago for fun, I could not recommend the Red Roof for a business stay, unless your goal is to save money.

• Stayed October 2004
16 Thank GeorgeX
Travelers also viewed these Chicago hotels
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Inn of Chicago
Inn of Chicago
#144 of 189 in Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Hotel EMC2, Autograph Collection
Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!