“wonderful night stay”

Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile
Ranked #161 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 30, 2013

my husband and I stayed here for the yearly UFC on Fox that hits chicago in jan. and we had a wonderful stay. It was very close to everything, and the room was so nice. Updated and clean. The bed was very comfy and the whole experience was amazing!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
RRIChicago, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for the good review! We agree that our updated look is a great improvement, and we are receiving complements on our new beds. It is our goal to provide our guests with clean, affordable lodging and friendly, helpful service. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have nothing much to say for this inn, except for the tiny little room and hairy bed.
It has an excellent location near Michigan, and the fare compared with other hotels are affordable. Nearby there is a seven-11 convenient store and other restaurant to get some breakfast if you like.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Austin J
RRIChicago, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

I am very sorry that your room was so far under our standards. You have every right to expect a clean, comfortable and affordable room when you stay in a Red Roof Inn. Did you let the Front Desk know? They would surely have changed your room, because the room you describe is totally not acceptable. I will be investigating how this could have happened. Again, I regret that your room was not up to our standards.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stayed for the Academy of Ophthalmology meeting. Am a Chicago native and have stayed at this property in the past. What a mistake!! Location is great, but so is the alley behind Water Tower Place. The carpet stinks and is stained, the exterior hallways are awful, bathrooms barely function, no water pressure. I thought my rate of $180 was good. I went on Hotwire and was able to get a room at the Allerton (Wonderful in all regards!!!!) for $180 and moved. Stay away from this property. It is a slum like property.

Room Tip: Consider ANY other hotel. The location is great but so is the alley behind Water Tower Place.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
RRIChicago, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

I appreciate your comments and sincerely apologize your stay was not a pleasant one. I realize you stayed with us last year, but since then the hotel has completed some major upgrades. Most of our guest rooms have received new floor coverings. All of our hallways and common areas have new carpet installed, as well, and much more.

I am confident if you visited us again you would be pleased with the changes.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

David was one of the best employess who provided excellent service during our stay by ensuring comfort in our rooms and guidance to local attractions when we left. He gave us directions to and information for a department store I needed by asking questions regarding what I needed so that I went to the right place, and gave my friend and I easy directions by foot to the Chicago art museum which made for an excellent stay and visit to the Chicago city area. Kudos to David!

Room Tip: ask about which area rooms might be more quiet. I woke once or twice to ambulance or police sirens...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for your review! We try hard to provide good service for our guests. We know that having helpful, knowledgeable staff can make a real difference to a guest’s experience in Chicago. It is our goal to provide affordable, clean lodging for frugal travelers, so they will have more money to visit department stores and art museums! Again, thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stumbled across this place when looking for a cheap place to stay in Chicago. I wasn't expecting much and got something great. Perfect location, helpful staff, mostly clean rooms and a price which was outstanding. When I go back to Chicago, this is the first place I will look to stay

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
RRIChicago, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for writing this nice review for our Red Roof Inn. Yes, we are an inexpensive hotel, but we intend to assure guests get a friendly, helpful reception and clean rooms with comfortable beds. Our location speaks for itself… 1 ½ blocks from the Magnificent Mile. Thank you for visiting, and we are very pleased that you expect to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Relocating to Chicago, looking for a job and a place to stay isn't easy. First of all location. I could have easily paid at least double what I did for a room just off the Magnificent Mile (Michigan Ave) so Red Roof's price was excellent. Also, there are at least 50 restaurants (5-star to greasy burger joint and everything in between) within a stones throw of the front door. And shopping? I doesn't get any better, so bring your plastic! So, I was pleased to find such a bargain. Hidden Gem; the Fourth Floor of Nordstom on Michigan has a cafe...GO VISIT!!! Now for the staff. Having a friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff made it so much more relaxing. Each time I passed through the tiny little lobby, they were always quick with a smile and greeting. Although the housekeeping staff starts their rounds much later than what I'm accustomed to, they were excellent too...always assuring I had anything I needed. They were great! Special shouts to my new Chicago friend that works the front desk, Ms. Vanessa! As she knew I was seeking employment, she always had kind words...and even an occasional hug! The only knock is the lack of a fitness center. Otherwise excellent! Anyone visiting me from out of town will get a nod for the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and positive review for us! It is very helpful to other travelers to give specifics about what is available around our Red Roof Inn. And we are delighted with your description of our Front Desk staff. Vanessa is a real asset to our hotel, as you have noticed. Our goal is to create a friendly atmosphere and provide affordable, clean rooms to frugal travelers and people staying a while in Chicago. We were glad to be your “home” while you looked for a new one in Chicago.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Love the location of this Hotel and the price.This Hotel sits right off Michigan ave. and Ontario st. Making just about every thing within walking distant. Would like to give a big thanks for the great hospitality fom David, Brenda and all of the staff that makes my stay complete. You are always greeted with a smile and they will try to accomodate you in any way they can. The rooms are clean and they just remodeled he hotel in 2012.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel! Yes, our Red Roof Inn is well located and our new remodeling looks good. We are especially pleased you found our Front Desk staff friendly and helpful. Good service to our guests is a high priority for us. We will be sure to let our staff know that you noticed their efforts. We hope to see you again in the future!

Heidi Cordes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Hampton Inn Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Cambria Hotel & Suites Chicago Magnificent Mile
Red Roof Inn Chicago - O'Hare Ai...
#6 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Inn of Chicago
Inn of Chicago
#146 of 192 in Chicago
Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile

Been to Red Roof Inn Chicago Downtown - Magnificent Mile? Share your experiences!