“Impeccable service”

InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #68 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I recently stayed At the intercontinental in Chicago on the magnificent mile. I was there for two weeks an everyone was absolutely amazing. The gentleman at the front desk was the best. Marcus made sure I felt like royalty and was definitely my go to guy. Mr Anderson made sure there was no wait when I was headed to work bearing the brutal cold. Kibrom & Keenan made sure my bags were safe an sound when I had to leave them behind wether I was shopping or going to work on the last day after I had checked out. breakfast was delicious, both chefs made great omelets and While Senad and Filadelfo made sure my cup was never empty an I was ok. But the sweetest gesture was Dinca giving me a rose on valentines day. I was feeling a little down because I was away from my loved ones. Every year for a few weeks I have to stay at the intercontinental hotel an every year my stay is a good one. Every one should ask for Marcus he by far the most accommodating host I have met in the 15 years I have had the pleasure of encountering. This is one of my favorite places to stay!

Room Tip: The new tower is beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I had a question regarding a current upcoming reservation. Lori at reservation # not only answered my question but informed me that I had a free night from my Chase points account. she went out of her way to first cancel current reservation and rebooking it as a FREE night. great news as I will be staying there on the last night of my extended trip. Way to go LORI!

Room Tip: stay in historical tours , rooms have been updated and it's best of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I spent one night at the Chicago-Intercontinental in February. Check-in was easy and straightforward. Overall, all the hotel employees I interacted with were polite and helpful, although the garage staff was easily confused and temporarily lost my car. My main concern is that the rooms are dated and dark. I stayed in one of the tower rooms which had not been renovated in some time and had only one small window in the corner. Perhaps there are renovated rooms in other sections of the hotel which would have been better. I would recommend that anyone who stays at the Intercontinental ask about that possibility.

On the positive side, the location is central and convenient to everything.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kyiana, Manager at InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear AmyTRS

First of all i would like to thank you for your feed back about your stay.I truly apologize regarding on your stay that you have are not happy about your room.Yes we have two towers located in our property one is newly renovated and the other tower is currently under renovation.Thank you for your feed back

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly for any of your reservations in the future

Most Sincerely

Aravind Gudidevuni

Assistant Front Office Director

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I just completed a 4 night stay and have to say I was pretty impressed by the hotel and staff, especially for the price. I am deducting one star since the standard rooms are tiny (even by big city standards) and the fact the use of the fitness center was an additional cost. The beds were super comfortable and clean, housekeeping was flexible and timely, and the decor/overall condition of the room quite new. We stayed in the more modern (or non-historical tower) which was just fine. Didn't encounter any hallway noise (even though there seemed to be a ridic amount of kids staying with their parents) and had no issues with the room or stay.

The doorman was always prompt in asking if you needed a taxi or helping you with your bags in to the hotel. Room service was standard, nothing to write home about but a suitable option for when it's dumping snow outside as it was for us. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it for anyone visiting Chicago and want to be central to the main attractions and dining.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gbabigurl84
Reviewed February 17, 2014

First off, great elevators, We had a 12th floor room and had no elevator delay issues all weekend. The hotel was in a great spot, close to shops and restaurants. The room was clean and staff were cheerful. I'd stay gere again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Many times to Chicago as a business traveler. First time as a tourist with a friend and several tween girls. Got a great deal on Hotwire. Location is amazing. Hotel is beautiful and the customer service is over and above. We requested adjoining rooms by calling the day before and were accommodated. Bellman, Doorman, Concierge all great. Hotel pool is really nice. Different than a standard hotel pool. Eno Wine Bar was really good and retail prices on wine purchases very reasonable. Would come back here again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel on Priceline for a night on Michigan Ave. for my birthday. It is a wonderful location, but be aware that the standard rooms are double beds- not queen, so very snug for 2 people. Also, I was so excited that they had a spa, so I booked massages for my husband & I. It is NOT a spa. It is a very loud locker room with therapist who come in. It was awful. We complained at check out and were given 30 % off. A very sad waste of money and a terrible end to what should have been a nice birthday adventure.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kp2300
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear kp2300,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the amenity selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J