InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
5,036 results
All reviewsmichael jordan's steakhouseexecutive towernew towermichigan avenuegreat locationmagnificent milefitness centernavy piermag mileindoor poolthe riveran upgrademini barking bedcorner roomfew blocksmillennium park
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great service, swift, clean and location you cant beat!....bar and lounge is a great post work day hang out...taxi are easy to get and the live web cam tv behind the counter is jaw dropping!.all the rooms are dry in the winter so kill the heat.....room service is quick and cme just as ordered.....internet was quick even if it cost 18/night,.

Room Tip: Pick the new tower on the right side!...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ICMagMile, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Mr. Gazoo68,

Thank you so much for choosing the Chicago as your hotel of stay during your last business trip into the Windy City. I am delighted to read that you felt welcome and that our service team was able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit. Also, I am glad to read you liked our new renovated rooms in the grand tower. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Chicago.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The InterContinental exceeded my expectations. The location was fabulous and the service was amazing. Anything we needed was promptly brought to us. the concierage desk was more than willing to answer all of our questions and all of the staff were of great help!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ms. Ngingras76,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback in regards to our concierge team. They are a great asset to our team. I will definitely share your kind comments with them and the entire staff.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The first thing you see when you walk in to the lobby is a huge, live high-quality webcam of downtown Chicago. I got there around sunset time, and it was spectacular! Then it changes to other scenes, all of the looking very artsy. Someone had a gorgeous and simple idea to make that webcam the focal point of the lobby, and it works.

The hotel is quite comfortable - great beds and linens. But there were some minor problems -- out of 4 rooms, three of us had problems. My shower didn't work and housekeeping couldn't fix it, so they had to give me another room to quickly take my shower before leaving for my conference. Another colleague had the furnace front plate crash off the wall in the middle of the night. And a third colleague couldn't regulate the temperature in the room and sweated all night. To their credit, the hotel did fix everything (except my shower -- I had to move to another room). It's unusual for 3 of us to have these problems the same night, so I wouldn't expect you'd have trouble.

The bar (Michael Jordan's) serves scrumptious hamburgers. It's ground chuck and ground short rib, so I think that's why it tastes so great. The fries were good, but too peppery. The breakfast buffet is good, but pricey.

Great location - wish I had more time to explore the area but I was working!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Tribune building. It's lit up at night and is a beautiful scene.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Oneyearoff,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am truly delighted to learn that you found our new front desk screen spectacular we are very proud of this new feature. Please accept my sincerest apology for the disappointing experienced in regards to the minor room issues. Thank you so much once again for recommending the Intercontinental Chicago.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here once before in the North Tower. My thoughts were "good hotel in a great location". So when a $107/night deal on Hotwire that was hard to pass up was the InterContinental, I had to see if anything had changed since the last stay.

The answer: Plenty. We again ended up in the North Tower, which is undergoing a renovation, and ended up in one of the renovated rooms. In fact, we could still smell the fresh paint and wallpaper on our floor. Once you get past the weird hallway carpeting that looks like it had lime paint spilled on it, they did a spectacular job renovating the rooms. Beds are extremely comfortable, decor is modern and attractive, and there were a megaton of power plugs for your gadgets (unfortunately, Wi-Fi ain't free, but AT&T LTE reception is great here, and the Starbucks in the lobby has free Wi-Fi). Another one of my complaints has also been rectified: the North Tower's noisy old toilets have been replaced by quiet yet effective Toto toilets as part of the bathroom remodel, which also includes new faucets with a rain shower. The Agraria toiletries are also new since the last visit... most hotel toiletries either smell bad, don't perform well, or dry out your skin (sometimes, all three). These are none of the above. Don't like the modern changes in the North Tower? Pay a little more and stay in the historic tower.

The fitness center had a fee, so I passed on that. However, I did use the hotel's amazing pool. Words cannot describe how good this is for a hotel pool.

There was a minor inconvienence in the middle of all this construction: We needed some ice, and the wing's only ice machine was on the 7th floor, which was blocked off for renovations. Although a visit to the front desk brought a giant bag of ice to our room, I think that there should have been some kind of warning. Still, this is the Iowa Hawkeyes' official team hotel for the Big Ten Tournament, and anything management can do to limit the amount of cold beer in the rooms might actually be a good thing.

Overall, these improvements that are in the works are making an already good hotel really great. Remember, the North Tower is still under renovation, so don't be surprised if you get an older room with the old decor and noisy toilet if you stay here for the next few months. But when the dust is settled, this will be worth the wait for frequent visitors to this great hotel in a great location.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Zachary M

Dear Mr. Zachary M,

Thank you so much for choosing the InterContinental Chicago during your trip to Chicago and for taking the time to post such a detail review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your positive feedback in regards to our new renovated rooms in the Grand Tower. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Chicago.Please contact our Guest Relations team or me directly at cintia.becerra@ihg.com when your travels bring you back to Chicago.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Sitting on at a great location, the InterContinental has all of Chicago at your door, for a quite reasonable price - given other hotels around town. The staff is courteous, rooms clean and up-to-date, and a good night's rest is guaranteed. On my most recent stay there was some confusion about my reservation - the matter was handled promptly in a very professional manner and I was given a suite for the price of my original booking - who could ask for more. Plus, I had one of the best burgers ever in Michael Jordon's convenient lobby restaurant.

Go for it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear ZooyLongIsland,

Thank you so much for choosing the Intercontinental Chicago. We are very humbled by your kind comments and truly delighted to read that you both enjoyed your suite and Michael Jordan’s. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Intercontinental Chicago. Please contact our Guest Relations team or me directly at cintia.becerra@ihg.com when your travels bring you back to Chicago.