“Return Trip Excellent”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boise, Idaho
“Return Trip Excellent”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed here a week this past summer and returned on a business trip with my wife. The rooms continue to be excellent and very comfortable. Had a problem with the toilet and it was fixed within 15 minutes. Front desk was excellent. Did not have time to use the health club this time but did take my wife to see the luxurious pool. Breakfasts are excellent but very, very expensive for the buffets. Holiday decorations were beautiful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ICMagMile, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the food from our on-site restaurant. I am sorry your room accommodations was a let down and fell below your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (870)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Came back to the Interconti to do some early Christmas shopping. Can't beat the location. Staff always friendly and helpful! Love the pool too. Brings you back to the 20's. Got a massage this time. Ona was very professional.

• Stayed November 2012
ICMagMile, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for the 5 Star review !! I will pass on the compliment to Ona, she always does a great job.
Willoughby, Ohio
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a nice hotel in a good location but the experience was marred right off the bat by a terrible check-in experience. I booked this room for my 20 year old son and his friend for a weekend trip to Chicago in July 2012. They came from Cleveland by Megabus and walked one mile to the hotel in 95 degree weather. (First time traveling without parents/ next time they will know to use a taxi). They were hot and tired when they reached the hotel. My son tried to check-in using my credit card and was refused. The hotel clerk was very rude to my son and when my son called me and I spoke to the clerk, he was rude to me also. The clerk finally agreed to email me a credit card agreement form that I would have to print out, sign and then fax back to the hotel. When I got the email from the clerk, much to my surprise, it was already filled out with the travel information for a woman from Spain who had stayed in the hotel in April 2012. This form included her name, address, employer info, email address and worst of all, all her credit card information. Yes, that's right. The hotel had sent me everything I needed to know in order to steal this woman's identity and use her credit card. I was shocked! I called the hotel back and did not even get an apology from the clerk. He did not seem the least bit concerned about the email. He sent me another email with a blank form. I followed the instructions and faxed it back. Ten minutes later, the clerk was still denying that they had received the fax. After I demanded to speak to someone in the office, I was told "Ooops, we just found the fax". Then they made my son stand in line again to finish checking in. I find it unacceptable that check-in took over one and half hours. There was no seating available, so my son and his friend spent the whole time standing in the lobby. What was to be the start of a fun weekend in Chicago started out on a very bad note. And the hotel did not seem to have a care about the fact that they committed a huge breach of security by sending me detailed information about another traveler. After the trip, I sent a complaint to the main office of the Intercontinental Hotel chain. The only response I got was that they would pass along my complaint to the hotel in Chicago who would be contacting me. Well, it is now December 2012, and I have given up hope that anyone from that hotel is ever going to contact me. I am disappointed that a hotel that charges almost $200.00 a night for a room would treat a guest so rudely and then not respond in any way to a complaint about the experience. I am sure that the woman in Spain would not be pleased to know that her personal information and credit card info had been given to a compete stranger. And there is no excuse for the rudeness and poor treatment by the hotel clerk.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank irishlegacy
Thank you for your review regarding your recent experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Director of Front Office
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location, friendly staff all over; from check-in to concierge (very helpful and knowledgeable!) to bell man to bar and restaurant staff - you always feel welcome! A historic place with a warmth and charm to come back to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ICMagMile, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you very much for the great review. I will certainly share your comments with the team involved.
Oakland, California
Reviewed November 30, 2012

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at. Great service, room service is great as well. Bed's are very comfortable. The internet is a bit slow but that's expected. Front desk is very helpful with directions. The location is the best for the Mag Mile, perfect for shopping.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5 star review and great feedback. We have recently upgraded our bandwidth and access points to improve the speed. Please contact me directly when you travels bring you back to Chicago at simon.chapman@ihg.com. I certainly want to make sure that does not happen again.

Best Regards
toronto
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Spent a weekend in Chicago. Hotel is in a great location, on Michigan Avenue across from Nordstroms , so close to everything. Rooms are clean and spacious . There is a lovely wine bar on the main floor as well as Michael Jordan's Steakhouse. We were too busy to use the fitness facilities etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Next time you visit I hope you have an opportunity to try out our Ornate Junior Olympic swimming pool which will take you back in time.

Best Regards
Salerno, Italy
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Researched multiple guidebooks and websites which confirm Intercontinental on Magnificent Mile to be in Top Ten hotels to stay at when visiting Chicago. Pool is complimentary to guests and is lovely with fee for use of other fitness facilities. Excellent location central for wonderful shopping and walking distance to other tourist sights.

• Stayed November 2012