“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis
“Great Stay”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We get to Chicago often, but this was our first stay at this hotel. We were very impressed. We stayed in room 3105 which was had great views of Lake Michigan and the downtown loop. The staff here was excellent, the room was very nice and the overall experience was great. The rooms are well done and very well kept. The bed was great! I liked the fact they had a Starbucks attached to the lobby and we enjoyed appetizers and drinks at Michael Jordan's restaurant. I'd recommend this hotel. The location on Michigan Drive was excellent!

Room Tip: We had room 3105, it was a nice room on the south side of the hotel. The east window offers great v...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
InterContinental_CHI, Manager at InterContinental Chicago, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
We appreciate the 5 Star Rating! Great room tip, we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (913)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband surprised me with a memorial day weekend stay at the InterContinental to celebrate my birthday.This was our first time ever staying at this property. When we checked into our room, I was surprised with a birthday cake alongside a note from the hotel staff wishing me a happy birthday. The room was spacious and comfortable. We had an amazing view of Michigan ave. The hotel has a great location, nestled in the heart of downtown Chicago. We had wonderful service as the hotel staff catered to all our needs. We will definitely be coming back to the InterContinental!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
We look forward to hosting you and your husband again soon! Thank you for your feedback.
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2012

i have been to this hotel 4 times already the past 3 years because my company keeps booking it, and every time i get surprised by the low quality of the rooms. one phone wasn't working, the rooms are generally old and need renovation, and the michael jordan restaurant us substandard. the only good thing is the pool. i would not recommend it, if you're looking for a nice hotel.

1 Thank gcarys2002
We are sorry to hear your room did not meet your expectations, but would like to ensure we retain your loyalty. Please email me so we can learn the specific details of your last visit.

robert.deluca@ihg.com
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I can't think of a better location to stay in Chicago - on Michigan Ave and our room had a view of the lake. Service was wonderful, from check in, to the concierge, to meeting the manager. Rooms were beautiful and comfortable. We didn't try the restaurant, so can't comment on that. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I spent a quick overnight here this past weekend for a medical conference. The hotel is nice enough and conveniently located on Michigan ave. The rooms are very small however and I would take the Park Hyatt any day over this hotel. Service was just so-so. I pulled a bottle of wine out of my mini bar but no wine glasses or corkscrew. Called to have them sent up and they never arrived. I had to leave for my dinner meeting so I called and spoke with the same gentleman who I ordered the items from and asked that the bottle of wine be removed from my bill (once you pull anything from the mini bar it is automatically charged). He apologized and said he would handle it. Of course, it showed up on my bill the next morning and I had to go to the front desk to handle it which they took care of.

All in all OK hotel but I wouldn't choose this hotel when coming into town for a fun weekend. Small rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We thank you for your feedback and apologize for failing to deliver the superior service you rightfully expect from our brand. Please email me so we can make this right.

robert.deluca@ihg.com
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We recently went to the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago for a girls weekend and had an amazing time. The rooms were lovely, modern feel for a classic hotel. The location is unbeatable - can walk to everything we did, including Navy Pier, shopping, restaurants and the boat tours. The staff is incredibly warm and welcoming. We would love to go back sometime soon!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
new england
Reviewed June 2, 2012

recent stay at the intercontinental was very nice. the rooms are nice, bathroom a little small but certainly manageable. the lobby is beautiful. enjoyed having the starbucks right there and centrally located with easy access to downtown, the pier etc. would def stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business