5,211 results
All reviews convention center soldier field shor restaurant north tower attending a conference bears game cab ride trade show very nice hotel city view self parking public transportation downtown area lake michigan enjoyed my stay business trip the loop
Reviewed January 9, 2017

Prices was different the room wasn't clean and the supervisor was bad attitude I wouldn't recommend this to anyone this is the first time I ever experience this with them I always have a good time their

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Elyse N, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Dear Sharon B,

We are sorry to hear your stay was less than exceptional and can assure you this is not the type of customer service we are capable of. We hope to have the opportunity to show you a better stay in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Elyse N, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2017

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Elyse N, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Reviewed January 4, 2017

Location-not located in Downtown but 1 bus journey away that doesn't take long. It was actually nice to not be located in Downtown.

Room- King corner room is very spacious. Only downside is that it takes a while to heat up. Also, the noisy AC unit does not help! It means having a noisy night or cold night so layer up if you choose the latter.

Customer service- I arrived at 2pm with check in at 3pm. I was advised to come back at 3pm as the room was not yet ready. I returned at 3pm to be told that there had been a leak in the room I had booked and so it was un-available. I was very annoyed that the first advisor I met did not inform me of this and let me waste an hour (after a turbulent and long flight) of my time. They gave me what I think was a partially sincere apology and offered me another king room (but not with a city view which is what I booked) with a reduced rate and free breakfast during the whole stay. They were un-able to offer me a room closer to what I had booked as the only available rooms that were left were for VIP equivalent members only. For the mess they caused, I thought that that was un-acceptable however they did not budge on this. I appreciated the offer they put in place but the communication was poor. If you stay here prepare for the staff to mess up your reservation and have interactions with staff that generally are un-helpful and un-inviting. Concierge however were delightful (not Louis but a gentleman called Mike I think).

Room Tip: Room with a city view
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Elyse N, Marketing Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

Dear Jotpot,

Thank you for staying at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. We're sorry to hear about your experience at check-in and your room not being correct or ready at 3PM. We will follow up with our Front Desk Team and use your feedback to make improvements in the future. We want to assure you that this is not the level of customer service we are capable of and would love the opportunity to show you a better stay in the future.

Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

The place was very popular with a basketball tournament going on. Hotel was kept neat and clean and the staff was very friendly. We had a short Uber drive to downtown Chicago with a lot to do. Cleanliness was the biggest seller for me.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Quinn G,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities, location, and found our staff friendly and helpful. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back your next visit to Chicago. Thank you!