“cleaniness and food” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
san jose, United States
“cleaniness and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

not happy with my stay my room was not clean mildew and mold in shower. towels worn no wear to hang towels. not enough towels. room service not enough selection bright the wrong food and wrong drink. food was cooked

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Sabrina M,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience! We just completed a full renovation of our guest rooms, so there is no excuse for the condition of the guest room that you described. I will be sending your review on to our Housekeeping Management to read and address. Please know that this is not the level of cleanliness you should expect from Hyatt or the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. We appreciate your feedback so that we can prevent any other guests from experiencing what you did. I hope that the next time you are in Chicago, you will consider staying with us again so that we can show you that your comments were taken to heart and that we can do better than this.

Social Media Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Morgantown, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

It was very clean. Walking distance to convention center. Not a lot of options close to the hotel. The doorman, Ricky Boss, was very helpful in pointing you to the right place and arranging transportation.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Georgiana G
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Georgiana G,

We know you have a lot of hotel options in Chicago, and we appreciate your choosing to stay with us. I will ensure that Ricky Boss's manager sees your review so we can show him our appreciation for taking such great care of you. We hope to be able to welcome you back for another stay with us soon.

Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy, room was not ready but they checked the bags for me. I paid the extra 30 a night for a "business" package that includes: free high speed wifi, a US Today paper, free water in the room, and 40 towards breakfast. Never got the paper but the rest was fine. The room was fine...but it was not 100 cleaned. (Hence the 4.5 rating). There were old water bottles still in the refrigerator, and crepe paper pieces hanging all over. Not a big deal, but still...when you pay that kind of money per night, the room should be top-notch. Parking was 35 bucks a night, I had coffee and muffins brought to the room each early morning? It arrived on time and with tip it was just under 40 each day. Cabs were plentiful, & it was conveniently connected to the convention center.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear PixieDust456,

Thank you for staying with us during your time in Chicago. I'm very sorry for the condition of your guest room upon arrival. Clearly this is not up to the Hyatt standard of cleanliness, and I appreciate your sharing this with us so that I can share with our Housekeeping Management. We want everyone's experience to be a 5-star one. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time business brings you to McCormick Place so we can show you that we have listened and reacted to your valuable feedback.

Oakland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

We found that the staff namely Lauren at the front desk was eager to help. She moved us to another room. The guests near us were loud. She moved us to a room that was quiet and beautiful. Our experience over all was very good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Stuart T,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the hotel and our front desk agent, Lauren. I will be sure to share with her manager so she can be recognized for a job well done. I apologize that your neighbors were not the most considerate, but I'm happy that we could take care of you and provide you with a very good experience.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed here for a quick overnight business trip to Chicago. I wish I had booked more nights there. The hotel itself is beautiful. The lobby is very clean & roomy, and the acoustics are great (i.e., groups for conventions don't drown out everyone else). The service floored me. I booked my room through Kayak, which actually funneled me through Priceline. Usually when I book through Priceline I expect no amenities. Usually it's the grimace and the "oh, you used Priceline" deal. Not this hotel. The front desk staff treated me very well and they even upgraded me based on my Hyatt status. They recorded my newspaper preference for the morning and gave me some essential items I unfortunately forgot to bring with me.

The room itself was fantastic. It was a corner suite (with a walk-in closet!) overlooking Lake Michigan. The furniture in the living room was very comfortable, as was the bed. I'm not sure if all the rooms in that one stack have same layout, but if they do, go with a x33 room (South Tower). Sure it didn't overlook the city, but for all the amenities I had during this stay, I'm perfectly fine with that.

You probably won't want to wander far off if you choose to walk around the neighborhood. It appears to be "up & coming". Not too bad, but don't expect to just take a short stroll into the Loop. Best to catch a cab. But still, don't take that as a knock against the hotel. Honestly, I didn't have much incentive to leave the property, as nice as it is. And it's very easy to get into downtown from the Hyatt Regency. Uber into downtown from the hotel cost me on average $13 to $14 and took roughly 10 minutes, even during rush hour.

Next time I'm in Chicago, this hotel is at the very top of my list. I can't think of a better value in town. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Corner suites in the x33 stack are incredible. Sure you don't get a city view (maybe you do on...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Jeremiah D,

Customer service is extremely important to us! No matter what method guests use to book their stay, we're happy to have you here with us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your positive experience, and nice tip for future guests mentioning the Uber app. It can be a big help with taxis while navigated downtown. You can also try the #3 CTA bus for transportation downtown. It stops right in front of the hotel every 10-15 minutes and will take you up Michigan Ave to the Loop and Magnificent Mile for $2.25/ride. We can't wait to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago. Thank you for being a Hyatt Gold Passport member.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Excellent hotel for business travel as well as tourism. Very well located near highway and public transportation. Excellent service and facilities. Stayed here for a convention and my experience was perfect. I enjoyed my time in the hotel just as much as on my sightseeing excursions. The staff were knowledgeable and friendly. One staff member was considerate enough to warn me about safety issues in a neighborhood I planned to travel to. His suggestions regarding safety were QUITE helpful!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear George S,

It sounds like you had a wonderful visit in Chicago! Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope you will come back and see us again.

Clover, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great location and amenities if you are attending convention at McCormick place but not enough restaurants to choose from if there is a large convention volume. Property is modern yet comfortable and toiletries are a plenty

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Carol B,

We appreciate your business and your taking the time to share your 5-star experience with everyone on TripAdvisor. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.