“Great spot for McCormick Place events”

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Ranked #69 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed here while we attended the Chicago Auto Show. They had an auto show package that included tickets to the show and reduced parking in their own ramp. The parking ramp is attached to the hotel for easy access. The parking rate was good for 24 hours and allowed in/out privileges. The hotel is also connected directly to McCormick Place so no need to carry coats with you. Plenty of dining options are in the hotel from grab n go to nice sit down. We had a great view of the city from the 21st floor. I would recommend a stay here if you have to attend a function at McCormick Place.

Room Tip: Go high for a great city view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear pevk,

Thank you for staying with us for the Chicago Auto Show. We appreciate your business and your taking a moment to share your positive experience with others. We'd love to welcome you back for future events at McCormick Place or even a leisure visit to nearby Soldier Field or US Cellular Field games or concerts or maybe a trip to Chicago's museums.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency McCormick Place

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my third time staying at the Hyatt Regency McCormick place since its remodel in June 2013. I stayed last Friday night (February 7th, 2014) because I was attending Media day and First Look For Charity Gala at the Chicago Auto Show. But I really never need a reason to stay at this Hyatt. The staff is always incredibly friendly and thoughtful. I had to be at the auto show before 9 am and the Hyatt graciously stored my overnight bag until I was able to check-in. They also were able to get me into a suite 2 hours early so I could catch a nap.

If you have the opportunity definitely stay in a suite! Especially if you're staying longer than just overnight. The suites are absolutely gorgeous with extremely comfy beds. I love the media charging station on the middle tv console display. It allows me to plug in all my devices at once. No hunting all over the room for electrical outlets. Another thing I love about the suites are the huge walk-in closets. This past summer we attended a conference and with all the things we collected I filled the entire floor of the closet, plus had room for an electric lawnmower!!

The staff is definitely top notch. They are always available and pleasant. Check-out and check-in moves extremely smoothly. You also won't ruffle the concierge desk with any of your requests. During this last trip I only needed something as simple as a RFID wrist band cut off my wrist, but I've also used them for other odd requests.

The Hyatt Regency McCormick place is not in the heart of downtown. I typically stay here when I'm attending events at McCormick Place. It's a great choice for marathons, sporting events and concerts.

Room Tip: The suites are absolutely amazing and breath taking especially if you get one with a view of Navy Pi...

Dear RosieDiscovers,

Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us! It's such a pleasure to know that you love to stay with us and even find reasons to return. We look forward to the next time!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have stayed here several times for business, specifically for a conference held at the McCormick Conference Center. The location is ideal - a quick walk from your room the conference. I will say the conference center is huge, bring comfy shoes - you will walk a lot!

The check in is very modern and only has 3 desks, so it got backed up very easily. The rooms were recently renovated and modern, clean and great.

The restaurants we ate in were all Chicago over priced, but good. I mean $25 for a breakfast buffet, really? It was good, but way too expensive.

Thing to note about this hotel, you are NOT close to downtown Chicago. You cannot walk there - but if you want to be close for a conference this is the place to stay. Especially if you don't mind driving in traffic, which I don't.

Lives up to the Hyatt name - clean, modern and great staff.

Room Tip: The higher floors are ideal so you can see a view of the city
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear TravelingFamilyG,

We greatly appreciate your repeated patronage. Your returned business is the greatest compliment we can receive, and thanks for sharing with others on TripAdvisor. Our location is about mile and half from the Loop/RiverNorth areas, but we are closer to some other Chicago attractions such as Museum Campus, Soldier Field, US Cellular Field, and Northerly Island. Please keep us in mind not only the next time you are town for business, but maybe for a leisure trip to one of these locations. We'd love to show you that we can be a great leisure destination as well! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently stayed at the Hyatt while attending the Chicago Auto Show. My room was spacious, comfortable and the furnishings were impeccable. The staff was among the friendliest I have encountered in all of my travels. My check in and out process was flawless and I could not have been happier. The view was amazing, the food was superb and the bed was heavenly. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Kelly H

Dear Kelly H,

Thank you for staying with us during the Auto Show. It sounds like you enjoyed your visit to Chicago, and I'm very happy that we could be a part of that. Customer service is extremely important to us, so it's wonderful to hear that the staff was extremely friendly. We hope to welcome you back the next time your business brings you to Chicago.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The room here looked pretty good a first glance so I decided I would see if it would pass the "Hotel Impossible" test and ran my fingers over the picture frames. No dust there or anywhere. Bathroom clean? Check. Only a couple of towels (2 hand, 2 bath), but more than enough for me. Dirty one replaced the next day. Thermostat worked properly. Being from Florida, I thought the room was a bit cool when I arrived. Temperature outside was in single degrees. So I turned up the thermostat and a few minutes later it was warm and toasty. Even too toasty so I turned it down again. Bed was comfortable, and flat-screen HD TV was much appreciated with good channel selection, My room was right next to the ice and soda machines, and I never heard a thing either of the two nights I was there. About the only issue was a lack of plug-ins. I had to unplug the desk lamp to plug in my computer (btw, free wifi worked great) at the desk. Maybe there was another plug in that maze of wires under there but I couldn't find it. The hotel location with all the doings next door at the McCormick Place (like the auto show) is great, but other than that, the area is somewhat remote from other attractions. You don't have to get out into the weather to get to McCormick Place, and that is good. Lots of stuff there like shops, etc. Overall, a great visit. (Except for the brutally cold weather.)

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms in the South Tower look across a parking lot to the north tower, so I would advis...

Dear Paul B,

Thanks for visiting us from sunny Florida! I bet the winter we've been having here in Chicago was quite a shock. I'm happy that our staff took great care of you and that our newly renovated rooms exceeded your expectations and kept you cozy and warm. It's so nice to be able to leave your coat in your room and walk right over to McCormick Place. In the summer months, it's also a nice walk to Soldier Field, just a couple blocks away. Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt McCormick. Our suite, on the Northeast corner, had a 180 degree view and some nice comfortable furniture that made lounging around and watching a movie very fun. The staff was helpful and friendly and Julie Rae Whooley was outstanding! I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
LizJaquez, Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Alida H,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with others. Julie's manager will be made aware of your comments so she can get the pat on the back that she deserves. Thank you for sharing this feedback with us!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had the chance to stay here for the weekend. What a treat! We stayed in one of the suites facing the lakefront. Absolutely fantastic views. We could see to the south and look at Hyde Park, to the East was the lake and we could see to the north as well and see the city skyline. The HD TV's in the room were great, along with some nice furniture. We also had the help from Julie Whooley, who helped arrange our stay. She was nice and helped make our stay great. The staff was all around very good and friendly.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, the one on the north east side of the building, probably anything above the 20th f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear M H,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a weekend getaway! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I will be sure to pass along your comments about Julie to her manager so that she can be recognized for a job well done! We look forward to welcoming you back.