“If in Chicago for conventions, this is the place to stay”

Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Ranked #70 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Another fine stay for the annual ASCO conference. If you are attending a conference at McCormick conference center this is attached. No walking outside. Nice restaurants and the convenience is worth a lot. No other hotel is nearly this close. Downside is there is practically nothing to walk to for chicago sites. Unless you are walking for exercise. I will try to stay here again next year. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed: June 2012
LizJaquez, Reservations Manager at Hyatt Regency McCormick Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear palitigate,

Thank you for staying with us for ASCO! We look forward to seeing you again next June!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Great hotel! We stayed for our family reunion. The room was nice and spacious. The hotel was clean and I felt safe going from floor to floor to visit other family members. I loved the photo booth in the lobby! The only draw back was paying for parking. Parking can be expensive!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jada S,

Thank you for having your family reunion at our hotel! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. I apologize that you did not think our parking was a good value. We compare prices with our competition often to ensure we are oftering competitive pricing for our guests. At $32/night for self-parking with unlimited in/out privileges we are actually considerably lower than most of our competition who offer valet parking only at $50+/night. Again, I apologize that you did not feel that we were a good value, but happy that overall you had a good stay. We look forward to seeing again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Overall, I had a good experience. However, parking was an issue. When I arrived up the ramp, an attendant asked me if had a reservation and I said "yes." He then checked his list and said, "Your name is not on the list." I had to produce a written copy of my reservation to get through. When I checked out, the card swipe did not work. The attendant had to call the hotel to confirm that I stayed at the hotel. So officious, so unnecessary.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear cokatoillinois,

I'm very sorry to read about your experience with our parking service. I will be sharing your feedback with our parking garage management service for follow up. We appreciate your business and never want anyone's good impression of the hotel to be tarnished by such an experience. Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is very nice, the restaurant is pricey but food is good. It's attached to convention center and if you priceline during non-convention times, you can get a really good rate. NO restaurants in immediate area as it is about 5 to 10 minutes from down town, parking is 32.00 with unlimited in/out's, its a great location if you have transportation-beds are great, hotel is modern and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Buck W,

Thank you for your business! I'm glad you got a great deal on Priceline! We hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great rooms, wonderful shower pressure !! only downfall was that the room walls are paper thin. had to ask security to talk with our neighbors one evening at about 2:00 a.m. they handled it quickly. Easy access to the bus: #3 is right in front of the hotel and takes you to Michigan Avenue. get the one-day pass and get on an off the bus/loop ALL DAY !!
We booked a King, which it stated on my paperwork. the front desk tried to give us two-doubles and corrected it once we told her we had book a king. not sure if that was an honest mistake, or they are told to try and pass off the double-bed rooms first.

Room Tip: rooms on higher floors on the south side - overlooking downtown Chicago
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear tinw2010,

Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry that you had some noisy neighbors, but I'm glad that security addressed the issue for you right away. We advised guests to keep noise volumes low between 9pm-7am for the comfort of all of our guests and I apologize that your neighbors were not considerate of this policy. Thanks for sharing the tip about the #3 bus. Our front desk sells the 24 hour passes you mentioned. Thanks again!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The one thing I expect from a good hotel experience is a clean room. I didn't get that during my recent stay at this hotel.

After traveling all day, I arrived late and just wanted to unpack and settle in after check-in. Unfortunately, when I stepped into my room, there were:

- Short, dark hairs on one of the beds
- A stain on the headboard
- A huge food stain on the wall near the desk
- A large, rectangular crack in the ceiling right above the headboards of both beds

When I called down to the front desk, to their credit, they quickly agreed to move me to a different room but then they sent a bellman who dropped off the key....but didn't offer any help with relocating to the new room.

Also, one final note for anyone traveling to this hotel soon: there's major construction going on right across the street right now, so don't plan on opening the curtains unless you're okay with giving the construction crew a clear view into your room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jill N,

I'm very sorry to read about the condition of your guest room! Please know that this is not the Hyatt standard that you should expect from us. I am sharing your review with our Executive Housekeeping Manager to address as well as the Guest Services Manager. We are expanding and renovating the hotel this year (the construction you mentioned), and we would love to welcome you back. You will love our new guest rooms!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night due to business at the convention center which is immediately adjacent and accessible via causeways without having to go outside. I took a shuttle from the airport (so can't speak to parking) and arrived at 11 am, well before check-in time. I was *thrilled* to be given a room immediately, especially as I was taking an exam that evening. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable, and I slept well both during an afternoon nap and at night.

I had a burger at the sit-down restaurant in the lobby at lunch and ordered room service breakfast the next morning. Both were as expected, not phenomenal, but warm and tasty.

Finally, I remember being able to print my boarding pass at a kiosk by the front desk for free, no hassle.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear travels_with_kids_75,

I'm very happy to read about your 4-star experience! We honor early check ins whenever possible for our guests and I'm glad it helped you out. I hope you did well on your exam! We do have a fast board station in the lobby for guests to easily check in and print out their boarding passes. Thank you for your business!