7,734 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barlocation is greatthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institute
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Our quick one-night stay at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago's loop was perhaps one of the best hotel experiences that I've had for leisure.

My boyfriend and I checked in late in the evening, around 10:30PM and learned that a special room had been reserved for us. (Recently, I received Platinum membership status in their Gold Passport rewards program). The manager came out to personally greet us and shook my hand. They had satisfied my request of getting a Regency Club room on a high floor, near an elevator. Better yet, the view was FANTASTIC. I believe it to be the best view this hotel would have of the river and Michigan Lake.

The room itself was spacious and clean. The layout was also unique in the sense that the bed was in the middle of the room and the "office" desk space was behind it. It felt modern, but homey. I also happen to very much appreciate the Bose iPod desk player / clock as I like to plug in my music wherever I travel. The king-sized bed was a bit too comfortable- it was difficult for us to leave it.

Since we had a Regency Club room, it came with a complimentary breakfast (among other beverages/snacks throughout the day). After relaxing a bit with fresh fruit and pastries, we asked the club concierge about where to buy men's shoes. The gentleman was very helpful and provided a thoughtful recommendation, which saved us a LOT of time. Later, the concierge at the front desk also was helpful in recommending a good barber shop for my boyfriend as well.

Lastly, they also had the most delicious Grilled Cheese sandwich in their late night room service menu. :-)

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank inahalfshell
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I had read some mixed reviews about this hotel on TripAdvisor, so I was concerned about the hotel room itself, however, I wasn't too disappointed. I was more disappointed in the LACK of service the front desk had. There are automated check in kiosks, which is a nice touch. These kiosks should not, however, replace humans, especially if a guest has questions. For a 4-star hotel, I really expected better customer service. I have had better service from a Holiday Inn Express. I guess that's what happens when you book a hotel from priceline. (However, I've had great service with some of the other hotels I've booked through priceline.)

In any case, there are 2 towers to this hotel. The main check-in area is on the 2nd floor in the East tower. When you first enter the lobby area in the East tower, there's an area with nice couches and behind that is a nice water fountain theme. The 2nd floor has the bell desk, check-in, and concierge. If you have a room in the West Tower, there's a bridge to the right of the check in area.

On the first floor of the East tower, there's a gift shop and a coffee/express shop for coffee, breakfast food, and snacks. If you want to pay less for water or what not, there's a grocery store behind the hotel. You go out the doors next to the cyber cafe diagonal from J's Express and take a left. It's a quick walk.

There are multiple restaurants and bars within the hotel, so getting food is not difficult. I can't comment on the food since I didn't go to any of the restaurants. There are a lot of good restaurants in Chicago, so I say venture out. Ou Sy Sushi is a good place not too far.

The room itself was okay. The hotel does a pretty accurate description and other travelers have taken many pictures, so I didn't do that. There's a fridge in the room, but you can't remove any of the items. The hotel will charge you if you move the items off their sensors in the fridge.

Their bath products are made by Portico Spa. The soap is very drying. The shampoo and conditioner are okay.

The location of the hotel isn't bad. It's in between the Museum Campus and the major shops on the Magnificent Mile. If you want to head up to say Water Tower, you walk towards Michigan Ave and Wacker Drive and take the 151 bus north and it will take you to the shopping areas.

If you can stay at this hotel for a really cheap price, then I would say it's not too bad as long as you are okay with having very little help from the front desk. The rest of the staff I have encountered were great!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank badmaru
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Excellent hotel, great staff, clean rooms, very polite and efficient front desk and bell team i was very impressed....will be back again and will tell all my friends

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank darwaza
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The hugeness of the hotel itself is a treat to eyes. I loved the food and the amenities. Hotel has everything you want. The location of the hotel is in the heart of the city and almost every bus reaches here. The view from the hotel of the city is stunning. I simply loved it the most.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed here with my 13 year old for a week of fun. Everything about this hotel was great. The service was friendly and eager to help- from the bellboys to the concierge. We asked for a view and we were right over the river facing the beautiful Chicago skyline. Everything is within an enjoyable walking distance. One great feature is that the hotel connects to an office plaza with several quick restaurants on the bottom floor. Try the Tokyo Lunchbox for quick but fresh sushi! The concierge helped map out public transportation for each day and their advice was right on! We had a wonderful Chicago adventure and can't wait to return. GO SEE BLUE MAN AND JERSEY BOYS--THEY ARE BOTH MUSTS!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family