“Perfect Location”

Hyatt Regency Chicago
Ranked #89 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 9, 2014

You really can't ask for a better location when you're a 15 mins walk to Navy Pier and 10 min walk to the shopping on Magnificent Mile! It's a massive hotel that has a few restaurants/bars/cafe's within it but they are super efficient so you don't feel like you're not being taken care of.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. I especially enjoyed the pillows! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Patricia K, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel and are thrilled you enjoyed our property, as well as the convenient, central location of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (7,139)

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have stayed here before and enjoyed very much. Extremely attentive and friendly staff. Had one problem with air conditioning that was immediately fixed upon reporting. But the best thing I enjoyed was its excellent location, right on Wacker Drive and close to Michigan Ave. A half block to everything. The only complaint I have against these mostly convention hotels is they insist on charging for internet ($10 a day). So unless you wanted to pay, you were compelled to bring your laptop to the lobby where the wi-fi was free. No big deal for a business person, but a pain for casual visitorsl

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of Hyatt Regency Chicago. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and that you found our staff both friendly and attentive. We apologize about the air conditioning issue and trust it was corrected to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This Hyatt has an awesome location! The only time we had to take a taxi was to the airport. Its in walking distance of almost every attraction. It also had a gorgeous view of the water and the Navy Pier. The hotel service was also very helpful and friendly! I would recommend the Hyatt Regency if you plan on sight seeing a fair amount of your stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review of Hyatt Regency Chicago. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to you visiting us again!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I got this hotel with a great deal on Hotwire and I couldn't be happier. I actually stayed in Chicago a few weeks prior at another hotel, but this Hyatt was light years better than the other hotel and actually cheaper. I was a bit nervous having read some of the reviews that it would be overcrowded and that checking in and getting a room would be a pain. There was no line checking in and when I asked if I could be upgraded to a king bed as opposed to the queen bed I paid for, I was switched without any hesitation at all. The room is a good size and is renovated. We were on the 30th floor and had a fabulous view of the Chicago River and the Wrigley Building. The bathroom came with all the amenities you'd need, including toothpaste which was a nice touch. The bed was HUGE and very comfortable after a long day of walking. The hotel is in a great location close to Michigan Avenue and steps away from Millenium Park, but still very quiet. We stayed in the West Tower so to get to our room, we never had to walk through the busy main lobby with all the people and the restaurants, so that was very relaxing. I wish it was a tiny bit closer to the subway, but there is still a stop about a 10 minute walk away. Lastly, a lot of people talked about the elevators being a problem. We were there on the 4th of July weekend and after the fireworks at Navy Pier were over, there was a line for the elevator. However, they actually had staff on hand to make sure everything was orderly and they even ran the service elevator to help. Overall, this is a really fabulous hotel that I couldn't be happier with.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ebbie1081
Patricia K, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodations to your liking and appreciated our sweeping views of the city. Thanks for all the kind words, we hope you’ll stay with us when you’re in Chicago again!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I love this hotel and it is close to all the action, We were up the street from the Magnificent Mile, the Water Tower, and Lakeshore Drive. The customer service is great, rooms were clean and cleaned on time. Watched the fireworks at the Navy Pier, from our hotel room in the West Tower on the 11th floor. The complaints I had was that the wait time for the elevators was averaging about 20-25 minutes and the wait time for picking up your car was 15-45 minutes. I had to walk down the stairs twice because the elevator took too long. I believe the valet parking is very overpriced at $59.00 a night. All in all I love this hotel and I have stayed here frequently and I would go back.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pipsqueak38

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We are happy you liked the location of our downtown Chicago hotel and appreciate the kind words about our team. We apologize for the elevator inconvenience you had, as we’re currently undergoing enhancements and appreciate your patience. We can’t wait for you to come back and stay with us again!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

A very good hotel for the most part. Comfortable and pleasant bedroom. The hotel is huge, with various shops and bars. I was there for 3 evening social events as part of a conference, which seemed to be very well organised with very good food.
However, I experienced bad service getting a cab. My biggest niggle was that the hotel seems to charge for every possible extra. It is by no means cheap (I would say that it is expensive, although it seems in line with prices of other hotels of a similar standard in the same area). I really would have expected free Wifi in the bedroom.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and restaurant outlets. We hope you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our room on the 22nd floor overlooked the river & Navy Pier. Could watch the fireworks from the Pier on Saturday night. Great location for exploring the Mag Mile, Millennium Park, catching the "L" or water taxi. Comfy, clean rooms with plenty of dining options nearby.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a river view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tarheelUS
Patricia K, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed visiting Chicago and enjoyed the fireworks at Navy Pier from your room. We look forward to your staying with us again when you’re in the Windy City!