My family stayed here for two nights starting New Years. First the positives:
1.Great location to museums and Michigan Avenue.
2. The hotel staff was prepared for the craziness that is New Years Eve. There was staff everywhere and they had a plan to keep the guests safe at night and keep certain people out.
3. The place has tons of bars/restaurants in the lobby.
4. Their fine dining restaurant is outstanding. Great service, food, and fine wine.
5. Everyone was helpful and friendly.
6. I was glad that they acknowledged my Hyatt status and were able to get me an extended room for two of the three rooms that I had reserved. I gave them to my parents and in-laws.
7. Even though it was a busy time and there were tons of people drinking and partying, I didn't hear any noise once I was in my room.
1. The parking is too expensive. One of the more expensive ones in the downtown area. It's just not worth it. The wait time for my car to arrive was almost 40 minutes! To be faier, it was bust having been New Years Eve/day. Still, for $59.00 they could have run it through a car wash or something.
2. The place is HUGE! This really isn't a negative at all. I prefer a bit smaller and fancier hotels. This is a great place to stay if you are attending a conference. I would come back if I were hanging out with friends for the weekend or was going to convention there. It just seemed too big and although the people watching was interesting, it was just too packed. Not really a negative, but I might consider another hotel for a more fancier, "high-end" stay, perhaps the Park Hyatt or the Four Seasons.
3. Although I do appreciate the upgrade to the higher floors, my corner room was very small. I was surprised by this. I have stayed at a few Hyatts in the US and this was the first small room that I had encountered. Think smaller than an Aloft hotel. The room was really small.
All in all, I would probably stay here under certain conditions, but the price was good. It is a good hotel for conventions or if you were having a guys/girls weekend out and you wanted to hit the nice bars/restaurants/local attractions. Not a place if you want to spoil yourself a bit,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the difference between a hotel and a Hyatt when you stay at our incomparable downtown hotel. Set within the epicenter of the city, our AAA Four Diamond Hyatt Regency Chicago is conveniently located in the heart of the city, connected to the Illinois Center and within minutes of the Magnificent Mile. We are excited to announce the completion of our $168 Million renovation! We are eager to show you our new welcoming lobby, engaging check-in pods and check out our three restaurant concepts and menus. Come see the completely transformed Hyatt Regency Chicago! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Chicago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Chicago