“Nice conference hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New york
“Nice conference hotel”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is my second time in the past two months staying in this hotel. Both incidents were attending conference/meeting at the hotel. The hotel was chic, modern, and clean. The room is spacious with view of the lake and/or the river. The fitness center is well equipped.

There are two towers which are connected on the second floor and several basement levels. Trying to find the meeting rooms can be quite confusing especially if it is your first time attending conference in this hotel.

I like the location of the hotel. It is less than 5 minutes walk to the Michigan avenue and is within 15 to 20 min walk to most of the nearby attractions such as the Museums, Shopping, etc.

I would stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank DavidNYC11
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback for Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! We're so glad you were able to make it back to visit us again and enjoyed our 24hr fitness center during your recent stay. We look forward to the next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,367)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

spent five nights here in October Great hotel very clean, spacious and a very central location. Buffet breakfast a little pricey but really good, fantastic selection. My only complaint is the air con quite cold in all public areas they need to turn it down. If they sort out air con we will be back.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MarieOC_11
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your recent stay at our downtown Chicago hotel and found our hotel to be very clean, spacious and in a very central location. We hope to welcome you back again soon!
Michigan
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was fine. Room was clean and attractive, bed was comfortable, and service was average.

However, my husband and I brought our own pillows. They were expensive memory foam pillows. We unfortunately left them in our room. Now, I do realize it's our fault for leaving them, however, we realized our mistake when we were about 30 min away and called immediately. We were told the hotel would look into it. In the end, after several days of calling, pillows were never recovered. Not sure if this is because they never actually looked, if they were taken by an employee, or they were taken by the next guest because the hotel staff didn't look for them soon enough.

Whatever the case, this shows a lack of trustworthiness and effort on the part of the Hyatt. We will never stay at this hotel again, or any other Hyatt.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melanie1019
Randy T, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this experience. I have passed along your information to the appropriate staff. Can you please send your contact information to hrcemarketing@hyatt.com so we can reach you directly?
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Okay, full disclosure: I had a friends and family discount, which allowed me to stay in such a nice place. But, in all honesty, for the single night we stayed here, I was very impressed with the staff and cleanliness of the establishment and will definitely return if the chance arises.

I was given a 3pm check-in time online, and expected to leave baggage in the storage room until the room became available. When we got there at 10am, the patient and friendly agent behind the counter informed me the room was all ready and answered some questions I had about the card payments. The experience was high-tech, painless, and really easy.

The room was clean and functional, had a great view east towards Lake Michigan, and was well-lit and large. The Hyatt is split into two buildings, East and West, with a walkway over Stetson. In the East building, there is a huge lounge and restaurant, several gift stores and coffee shops, and helpful employees who could direct us to city hotspots and even other restaurants. Everyone was friendly and helpful, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

The hotel is a block from Michigan Ave, and a half-mile from the Navy Pier, and in

Room Tip: Rooms high up on the north side will offer an amazing view of Michigan Ave and a wider angle of the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent experience at Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad you enjoyed your most recent stay at our downtown Chicago hotel and I'm thrilled to hear we were able to accommodate your early arrival. We look forward the next time!
Reviewed November 7, 2013

11-2-3013 They were very slow. Give me a very dry beef sandwich . I asked for a bag the said they were out. When I came back with the old sandwich they had bags. I was staying at the Hyatt on south wacker. The walk from the hotel no safe by yourself. There were alot of drunks there as well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback! I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, and offers nice views of the river. However, their check-in is rather slow, and their staff could a bit more courteous . Because the hotel was full, we were given a disabled persons room. That same evening we asked if we could move to a regular room. They said no problem, but we couldn't move until tomorrow. They next day we stood in a longer line 15 minutes or more to re-check in. The clerk tried to convince us that the rooms are all the same, including the disabled room. We had already checked out of the room several hours earlier, and we were not happy with the disabled person's room, so I'm not sure why the clerk continued to hammer this point. Other rooms do not have a sliding glass bathroom door that allows light to flood into the room at night, nor do they have magnified mirrors hanging a few inches above the already low sinks. We paid $289 per night (after taxes), yet there is still a charge for WiFi, unbelievable. They do however, offer 15 free minutes in the lobby, wow.
The rooms are a little noisy, but the hotel does have signs posted to be courteous when walking through the halls. The noise is from guests and not the hotel staff.
The beds are comfortable, and the rooms are both clean and spacious. As I previously mentioned, the hotel is in a great location close to great restaurants, the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier, and river cruises.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you found our beds to be comfortable, the rooms to be clean and spacious, and our downtown Chicago hotel to be in a great location close to great restaurants, the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier, and river cruises. We hope to have you back again soon!
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I bid this hotel from priceline.com. It has a great location and very friendly staff at the front desk. The room is huge for the price I paid. However, you must pay for in room Internet if you are not a member. In room Snacks are a little bit expensive. Also, they do not allow restaurants to deliver food to your door, so you'll have to go to the lobby to get it. Overall, very pleasant experience. I will definitely book Hyatt again when I'm going to Chicago.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm thrilled to hear you had an overall very pleasant experience at our downtown Chicago hotel and that you'll be staying with us again during your next trip to Chicago. We look forward to welcoming you back!