“Great location, remodel works for this Hyatt”

Hyatt Regency Chicago
Ranked #88 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Collierville, Tennessee
“Great location, remodel works for this Hyatt”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Hyatt regency several times but first since the remodel. The remodel is a great improvement. Good restaurant and bar down stairs called American Cafe. Big bar is still great and improved with a wall of tv s. rooms could use a face lift but my recent stay was a jr suite so cannot complain. I will stay at this Hyatt the next time I'm in Chicago.

Room Tip: West tower is on the opposite side f he hotel
Green Features: Standard practices. Recycle and towel program in place.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review! We're glad you were able to come back to see all the changes and enjoy our brand new restuarant, American Craft Kitchen & Bar. We look forward to your next visit to Hyatt Regency Chicago!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend and again, Hyatt did not disappoint!

Situated right by the Chicago River and steps away from Michigan Ave. You could not ask for a better location.

Staff are very friendly and helpful; and check-in was a breeze!

Rooms are spacious and very clean with very comfortable beds & pillows ---sleep quality was amazing!

This Hyatt underwent a major renovation that was completed in beginning of April 2013 and a very good job was done!

To top it all off, I got an amazing deal for this hotel on Travelzoo!

HIghly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank PatrickCA15
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! We arethrilled to hear about your overall fantastic experience at our downtown Chicago hotel. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our newly renovated property and look forward to hosting you again during your future travels to the Windy City!
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Pros:
location
Clean and updated
Great views
Food selection
Self checkin/out

Cons:
This hotel cannot handle its size
The elevators were misreable
The conference center signage is horrible
Only 2 small drawers in the room
Pedestal sinks and minimal counter space in bathrooms
Paper thin walls
Staff is very slow to respond (the person who had my room before me melted plastic onto the iron and it wrecked me shirt. They took care of that issue, but couldn't manage to get an iron to me with any great speed, so I was wrinkled all day)

Green Features: Kept giving me new towels even though I hung them up
1 Thank djr311
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

First, let me start with the positives. LOCATION! The location is great. Maybe a one-minute walk and your on the Magnificent Mile. Probably about a five minute walk to Millenium Park. Navy Pier was a little farther- maybe 15-20 minute walk. But, I love a hotel where there is lots to do, see, and eat nearby, and this fit the bill.

The room was fine- what I would expect for a Hyatt, but nothing exceptional. I was on the 30th floor and the view was nice, overlooking the river. I think I may have been near the elevator, because there was constant loud noise. I just toughed it out.

Housekeeping was inconsistent. I did not recieve service at all one day, and the next day my amenities were not refilled. I definatley expected more from a Hyatt in this department.

The hotel did all me to check in one hour early and check out one hour late, and that was appreciated.

I was here for a conference, so I'll also review those facilities. The biggest negative- NO FREE WIFI. I really feel like this should just come standard, especially considering the cost of the facility.

The food at the conference was not very good. Additionally, certain items ran low/out, and staff would start clearing away the food too early. Sometimes even coffee was scarce.

The cost for this hotel during a conference appears to be higher than at other times. For the amount of money paid, I expected more.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cholan1
Thank you for your review, we truly value your feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed our location and the view of the river from your 30th floor guestroom. I will defnintely follow up with our staff to ensure the concerns you mentioned are addressed. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again.
British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt for a few nights in May with some friends. The service was pretty good - concierge made some great recommendations for restaurants and shows and then made reservations for us on short notice. Even the maids and housekeeping staff did a great job accommodating our requests. The best thing about this hotel however is its location. It is right on the river, and only a 2 minute walk to Michigan Ave, where all the shopping is. If you are looking to go out in the evenings, its a 5 to 10 minute walk to a lot of places.

In terms of the room itself, it was a typical Hyatt: clean and well appointed. Our room was not very high up but traffic noise was not a concern (nor did we hear the elevator).

For prices that we were getting at other hotels in Chicago, the Hyatt clearly stood out as one of the best deals. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ToucanSm
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us in May and found our staff to be helpful and accomodating. We look forward to hosting you again at our downtown Chicago hotel!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I recently stayed here 5 nights for a conference. Great location - perfect views of city and very easy to walk to everything along Michigan Ave. Room was very, very quiet and clean. Bed was very comfortable. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Food was excellent here - nicest breakfast buffet I have ever seen. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor on corner away from elevators (they are loud!)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your great feedback! I am thrilled to hear you were able to enjoy your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago and found our staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful. We hope to host you again!
Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Perfect hotel for location, service, value. Able to check in early without requesting. My room was fabulous. Staff was very professional and friendly. Attended a conference about food. The staff prepared our meals and food demos and an optional dinner perfectly. Great, roomy common areas. Wonderful views from rooms and lobbies. Our meeting room had windows and a wonderful view of Michigan Avenue. Will return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad to hear we were able to accomodate your early arrival and you truly enjoyed your experience at our downtown Chicago hotel. We look forward to your return!