7,766 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barlocation is greatthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institute
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Cons -
Construction
Wifi isn't "free", and if you get it you have to sign up everyday.
Restaurant attached is outrageously expensive ($5 for an apple?)

Pros-
Clean
Downtown
Quite rooms
Comfortable beds

Room Tip: Stay away from construction!
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our room had a beautiful view of the city and river. We were able to walk to Lake Mi, shopping and dinner. The staff was friendly. The room was clean and modern. The hotel is being remodeled and will look very modern this spring.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetoeatMichigan
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you chose to stay with us in the Windy City and look forward to having you back with us again soon. We love our views of Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and the Chicago River and I'm glad you were able to enjoy them, too!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed 1 night at the Hyatt since we had our company holiday party that night. The location is very good and the staff was friendly. The actual hotel looks like if they were doing Extreme Home Makeover... 1/2 of the hotel was closed due to construction. I stayed in room 628. The room although nice... the walls are paper thin. You hear EVERYTHING that goes on in the room next to you. The bed was in need of a new mattress (pretty worn out) and before checking out... I saw a HUGE stain on the mattress that I had no idea from what... YES I SLEPT ON THAT! I would spend an extra few dollars and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room 628
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Todd C, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear we did not live up to your expectations, however, our renovations will be complete in April and we would love to have you back as our guest to experience them. Please contact me directly at hrcemarketing.com to make your reservation.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I know it was under construction but this hotel needs a lot of work
. The rooms were okay, but the bathrooms need to be updated! The restaurant was expensive. The meeting room was okay but the seats were uncomfortable. The food at the meeting was okay for institutional food.

1  Thank Fayzewayzer

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize we didn't live up to your expectations, but know that we take your comments and use them as a tool to continually enhance our property.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location, easy to get around and was perfect for my short 3 day stay in Chicago.
The check in process was long and rather unorganized and the lobby was VERY busy, hence so were the elevators. They are doing construction so I think it was much more chaotic than normal.

The rooms were roomy, clean and had been updated. The shower pressure left something to be desired. Concierge was helpful and friendly and so was cleaning staff.

Ridiculous that they charge for wifi in this day and age. Someone needs to get on that.
All in all a good place to stay for the price and the location.

1  Thank OhioFoodiegirl

I'm so glad you found our location in downtown Chicago to be ideal and within walking distance to all the major Chicago-area attractions! We loved having you as our guest and hope you choose to stay with us again. The lobby is a bit busy due to our East Tower lobby being renovated, but we can't wait to show you the finished product this April!