Hyatt Regency Chicago
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
$618
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$301
Cancelon
7,344 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institutefitness center
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently visited the Hyatt on Whacker - in Chicago will attending a Technology conference. I really had high hopes about staying in the conference hotel ...especially since it is November in Chicago and walking around the city is not a desirable option. I was some what disappointed by the options the Hyatt had to offer. First there are limited places to go for food and drink before 5PM, second they charge for internet in the room (and this is a hotel known to host conferences), thirdly they don't even have free wifi in the hotel lobby or restaurants. We had to visit the Business Center and they charged to get on a work station and to print...the printing I understand but again the Internet was treated as a premium.
The rooms are very nice and upgraded to modern furnishings but if you are looking for a working trip it may not be the best option.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Chicago's Hyatt Regency on Wacker Drive, and everything was just fine. I was in the East Tower, where my room was large and clean. The bathroom was also clean, which is always nice. My only (small) complaint was that there weren't many good TV channels to select from, which was a problem only when I couldn't sleep at night. Then again, I've never watched much TV while on vacation. I thought that the cleaning staff started very early in the morning, but if I had that many rooms to take care of, I'd start early, too.

Kevin, the young man who checked me in when I arrived, was very helpful, polite, and efficient, so I started my stay on a good note.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor! I'm glad you had a pleasant stay at our downtown Chicago location and I hope you are able to stay with us again for your next Chicago vacation. I will pass along your comments about the television channels and have someone look into it! I will be sure to let Kevin know your accolades and let him know to keep up the good work! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel is in a great location downtown. If this rating is being based on room accommodations, then it is an average hotel. The service was good and staff friendly. Ashely the concierge was helpful. They have a great conference facility and amazing glass bar, snack bar and restaurant. The fitness facility was very good as well. I would stay here again for work in a heartbeat.

I would say this hotel would be most suitable for business.

Room Tip: There are more than 2000 guest rooms! Ask for a view?
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm glad you found our hotel to be quite suitable for your needs and our staff to be most hospitable. I hope you are able to stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to the Windy City!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for a convention. great location close to Michigan Avenue and all the restaurants and shopping. Our room was in good shape but the daily cleaning was rather inconsistent. Left a full garbage can one day and never came up to pick it up even after we called in the middle of the afternoon. Certainly a great convention hotel because of the on site facilities, but over priced for a regular tourist visit to Chicago.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 20th anniversary at the Hyatt Regency Chicago last weekend. Due to Chris' help I was able to surprise her with flowers and a card in our room. Chris went above and beyond in his service. My wife was surprised...we had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt. It's efforts such as Chris' that truly make a difference! Thanks Chris!

Paul W.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for the great review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad Chris was able to take care of you for your anniversary! What a great occasion to enjoy downtown Chicago! We hope you choose to stay with us again to enjoy the Chicago area attractions. Take care and happy anniversary!