“Excellent service- they go the extra mile! ”

Hyatt Regency Chicago
Ranked #88 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent service- they go the extra mile! ”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The service from all the staff we encountered, without exception, was first rate. The breakfast selection was vast and delicious. There is a 24-hour coffee shop with a good selection of sundries, complete with microwaves etc for those who don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant- brilliant idea.
The food and service in the hotel Irish Pub was first rate; and the atmosphere was consistently good.
A nice touch- I was given a gift when they found out I was staying in the hotel because I was running the Chicago Marathon.
Overall I would highly recommend the Hyatt to anyone considering a trip to Chicago!

Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Wow! Thank you for your great review of our downtown Chicago hotel on TripAdvisor! It's so great to hear such nice comments- I'll be sure to pass them along to our staff! I hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you find yourself in the Windy City! Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,380)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were very disappointed in the service we received while staying at the Hyatt Regency for the Chicago Marathon. It's a very large and impersonal hotel, and we didn't find that a single staff member went out of their way to be particularly friendly. The room that we stayed in was very poorly cleaned, there was an inch of dust all around the room, and a layer of hair and dust on the baseboards in the bathroom. The beds didn't even have fitted sheets, they were simply sheets poorly folded that needed to be constantly readjusted throughout the night. Housekeeping also failed to take out the dirty glasses every day we were there, and we ended up having quite the collection! For the price that you pay to stay at a Hyatt, you expect a certain level of service that we feel we did not receive... if we had known better, we would have thought we were staying at a Travelodge. I was able to order breakfast at 5am the morning of the marathon, but I certainly paid for it! It's disappointing when you hear other hotels providing complimentary continental breakfast for marathon mornings. We can't wait to go back to Chicago, but we will make a point of avoiding staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer A
Todd C, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I'm sorry to learn of your experiences during your stay. I hope this doesn't deter you from staying with us again, as this is not the kind of service we are capable of. Please reach out to me personally the next time you stay with us so I can ensure your satisfaction with the hotel.
michigan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Yeah the title says it all, it was knock out busy!! So busy that I got bumped over to the O'hare Hyatt, Justin Vining is a leader by example at the Hyatt, If there was a problem give the staff a chance to correct it, no matter what level of GP I was there was no rooms available, so I rolled onto the blue line and went out to the airport location, since my bus was leaving at 11pm, he arranged it so I was able to be at the hotel that evening, and be able to get some work done before departing on the bus. (Megabus) We ended up in the RC with others from the marathon and it was a great way to end the marathon weekend,

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad Justin was able to take great care of you while you were in downtown Chicago for the marathon. I hope you are able to come and visit us again- we'd love to have you stay with us! Cheers!
Green Bay
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were fortunate enough to be able to upgrade to a larger corner room...that extra room was really nice with 2 adults and 3 kids. They had a refrigerator we could use that was great! Nice room. Workout facilities were also nice. Did get crowded in the morning for the cardio equipment. Unfortunately no pool....fortunately no need, we were way too busy. Friendly staff. Location was not that ideal, but manageable.

Only Complaint- I had to call the Hyatt customer service line to try to verify which of the many Hyatts in Chicago I was booked. I have stayed at each of them before. The help line was a nightmare. I at first got a live person, who when I asked I just wanted to verify what Hyatt I was staying sent me into Voice recognition hell. 15 minutes later I got the simple information I needed.....you are staying the the Hyatt on Wacker.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you were able to stay at our downtown Chicago hotel and use our many convenient amenities. I will be sure to pass along the notes about the phone hold so we can correct any errors. I hope we can welcome you back soon!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had a really horrible experience. When we (my husband and I) were undressing/changing clothes to go out, someone tried to come in to our room. I heard someone unlocking the door and turn the door handle. I had to shout so that person can't come into the room. I felt so unsafe staying at this hotel. I contacted security and he told me he will check with front desk to find out who tried to enter our room and let us know but I never heard from anyone. I talked to assistant manager and all he said was he will have security watch our hallway. This is poor customer service.. We felt unsafe. I expect the best service from Hyatt. But that didn't happen.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AKH4130
Todd C, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
We are very sorry for the situation that arose during your recent stay that detracted from your sense of safety. Please know that we take great measures to provide a secure and comfortable environment for our guests, and strive to respond to any concerns in a quick and hospitable way. If you would be so kind to reach out to us directly, we would appreciate addressing this situation and extend our apologies personally. Thank you.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went to Chicago for a business conference. This hotel was clean; the staff was friendly and nice. It is a great location to Millennium Park, the art museum, and many other sites. It was reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of Hyatt Regency Chicago on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you found our downtown Chicago hotel to be convenient to Millennium Park and other major Chicago attractions. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time business or pleasure brings you to the Windy City!
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed for the Ryder Cup for 4 nights. We had a corner room that was clean, spacious and comfortable. Our room did have a refridgerator and a nice view of the water and the city. The room had been renovated but still had a few old touches (ie the doors and lighting). We enjoyed one meal at the 151 Bistro that was good and room service for dinner and breakfast on 2 seperate occasions and a brief visit to Daddy O's (just ok). The expected wait time for room service is approx. 1 hour. The food was plentiful but pricey ($35 for breakfast and $60 for dinner for 1 person). The staff was exceptional. From the front desk, to the conceirge lounge, to the wait staff, whoever did the hiring and training has done a great job!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, they are bigger and have a fridge.