7,751 results
All reviewswest towerbig barthe rivernavy pierhuge hotelconvention hotelmillennium parkwacker drivethe magnificent milewrigley buildingmichigan avemini barlocation is greatthe loopvalet parkinghigh floorart institute
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We have stayed here multiple times and it never disappoints. The rooms are clean, spacious and stylish. The location is within walking distance of the Chicago River, Magnificent Mile Shopping, music venues (Hard Rock and House of Blues) and multiple dining options. The staff makes a point to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for 3218. King room with a killer view of the river and Lake Michigan.
1  Thank mosika
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I'm so glad you had another great stay at our downtown Chicago hotel! Hyatt Regency Chicago is in the heart of all the action! Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you like the feeling of being in a very big hotel, this might be good for you.
My wife and I spent 3 nights at the 26th floor of the east building (there are 2 towers and an exorbitant amount oif rooms) of the biggest hotel in Chicago and found it clean and extremely busy. Breakfast at the first floor can be served "A la Carte" or you can serve yourself at the buffet. The quality is very good and everything is available. The room was the average room you find at the Hyatt, clean and impersonal, good for a business traveler.
We had the feeling we were at the airport or at a busy train station!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is standard fare Hyatt. Good service. Convenient location. Clean room. You could be in any city and any Hyatt. If you are looking for a hotel that is special, this is not the place. If you are looking for a hotel convenient to River and Millenium Park this is a good choice. We stayed here on frequent traveler miles so I really can't complain - - but if we had been paying - - we would have found a more unique hotel.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel last night on a business trip. I stayed at the West tower on the 19 floor. The mattress was terrible and had a huge dip in the center. I woke up with backache. In addition the person in the room next to mine woke up at 5:00am to make phone calls. I could hear the whole conversation through the wall. The hotel was clean and in a good location and my price included a terrific breakfast buffet, however this does not compensate for the awful night. When I complained to the front desk in the morning they apologized and said that they knew about the problems with the mattresses and that they were in the process of replacing them. Well...too late for me. I will not stay at this hotel again. No manager was available to talk to me and there was no offer to compensate for the awful night. Beware. If you stay here make sure they have a good mattress in your room.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Todd C, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear our beds weren't up to your standards and the neighboring noise kept you awake. I'm apologize for the lack of management present and assure you this is not indicative of the service we provide. If given the opportunity to stay with us again, please reach out to me personally so that I can see to your utmost comfort. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were in Chicago for WorldCon and stayed at this hotel, where the conference was based. The room was clean, bathroom was kept clean, although probably needed a bit more counter space. Overall, I loved the hotel. The staff was nice, the Pub is the hotel had one of the best Shepard's Pie I've had in a long time. The location was within walking distance of downtown and the Magnificent Mile. It was a great place to stay.

They provide a nice size room with a desk. Once again I lament the fact that hotels charge an outrageous amount for Wifi, which I had to pay since I was on a "working" vacation where I had to log into our company site for long periods of time. Still not sure why they charge for wifi at expensive hotels but give it away for free at less expensive places. Oh well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Patricia K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Chicago! We loved having you with us and are so glad you took the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Our location is great for your conference as well as the downtown Chicago area attractions like Navy Pier, Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park and so much more! If you stay social, our Word of the Week on Facebook allows for 24 hrs of free wi-fi as well as daily discounted parking for our overnight guests. We hope to welcome you back soon!