Chicago Marriott at Medical District/UIC
$540
$519
  • Restaurant
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$679
$1,049
$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
$618
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$289
$254
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$594
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsunited centertaylor streetthe shuttle driverfree shuttlethe concierge loungefront deskstayed at the marriottbulls gamea marriott rewards memberhotel shuttlevalet parkingthe hotel's restaurantrooms were very cleanthe hotel offersdirectly across the streetdesk staffper day
Reviewed March 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because my husband was having surgery. It is rather expensive and parking is charged also but it was so convenient to have a shuttle service to the hospital. Room was comfortable and clean. My only complaint is why put a towel bar directly in front of the sink? When you bend to wash your hands, your body is hitting the towel bar and the towels slip off. Beds were comfortable and staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LynnetteB
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We were in from Orlando just to see a concert at the University(postponed after we flew in..more on thar later) and this was listed as the closest. Our plane arrived early and Rosemarie at the front desk was extremely gracious and allowed us to check in early. She along with the valet and the front desk staff recommended restaurants etc.. The room was surprisingly spacious, clean and had B&B products. They offered a free shuttle service and the driver was fantastic.. We were so bumbed about the concert and had to have a few at the bar.. The bartender was superb.. I've stayed in 5 star hotels in various parts of the globe and the staff were top notch and provided REAL courtesy!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights while my husband underwent surgery at Rush University Medical Center located directly across the street. The room was good-sized and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. Another plus was that the bathroom was quite large, with lots of towels and almost immediate and plentiful hot water; the only missing items were a hair dryer and magnifying mirror. Finally, the staff was kind and gracious, with the food and drinks at Rooks Bistro very good and priced at regular urban standards.

As other reviewers have noted, the surrounding neighborhood is perhaps not the best and indeed public transportation is not a good thought to pursue after dark. However, what I had not read earlier and was delighted to learn was that the hotel provides complimentary shuttle service not only to the hospital but to any location within a mile radius - that puts guests within easy and safe access to Chicago's Greek Town and Little Italy neighborhoods . . . and an untold number of absolutely FABULOUS restaurants and nightspots.

If you're looking to come visit Chicago to see Michicgan Avenue, State Street, all the museums, etc., then you'll be much better off to find another place to stay, But if you or a loved one needs a quiet and comfortable place to stay while visiting Rush Medical Center, then this is the place to park.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank LBW1795
Reviewed October 17, 2009

excellent accomidations.
Rooms were luxerious and I felf pampered

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2009

I had called 9-20-09 to make a reservation for us in Oct. of 2009 mid afternoon, the lady (sorry didn't get her name ) was very very helpfull. I had been trying to book flights out there from SD & had talked to several different airlines to accomplish this, ontop of being sick with a cold, I was very frustrated with the treatment I had received over the phone. When I had called to make the resrevation the lady who answered the phone, was so polite, very friendly & so helpful. I just could believe the difference. She made me feel so much better & put my mind at ease about coming out there for my fathers surgery. She was OUTSTANDING and should be told. More people need to be like her. I look forward to meeting her in person when I'm out there in Oct.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family